Enpass Discussion Forum

Changing entrys wont change them

PiLoT

Hey there - since the update i have a few entrys in my database which i can't change.

When i click edit - i can do everything ( change notes / change pw / etc... ) but after clicking on save
all changes are gone. Im using the app on ios and mac - and its on both the same.
Also the "last changed"  field wont change!

Please help me to fix this issue - this isn't really funny - and happens since the update.

Regards Volker

Hey @Abhishek Dewan

1. MAC OS Version = 12.4 (21F79) // Enpass Version: 6.8.1 (1060) MAC App Store
   Iphone OS Version = 15.5 // Enpass Version 6.8.1 (633)

2. No, only with particular ones - but on both devices / apps - not with every Item - Adding new Items also works

What i also noticed - on Iphone normally Enpass startet always with FaceID and logged me in.
Now - it often starts with the password/key field and i have to press the FaceID button.

EDIT: If importent - sync is via iCloud!

Edited by PiLoT

Hi @PiLoT

As you mentioned that you are facing this issue with certain Items, for troubleshooting purposes, please try duplicating them on your Enpass Mac device by selecting the Item -> Right-Click -> Duplicate. After duplicating the Item, try editing them and share your findings with me.

Regarding Enpass app not showing Face ID the first time you open the app, please try the below steps. Let me know if the issue persists -

1. Disable the Face ID and then enable it again in your iOS Enpass app by going to Settings -> Security -> Face ID.
  2. In your iPhone Settings, search for the Enpass app. Then disable the Face ID feature and re-enable it.
  3. Create a manual backup/ set up synchronization, then re-install the app.

Hi @Abhishek Dewan

As you mentioned that you are facing this issue with certain Items, for troubleshooting purposes, please try duplicating them on your Enpass Mac device by selecting the Item -> Right-Click -> Duplicate. After duplicating the Item, try editing them and share your findings with me.

Yes, i can edit the duplicated entry. The original one is still not editable.
The duplicated entry also has some missing fields / informations - i assume there's some content in there - which breaks something.
So that is not really a solution.

For the ios APP:

Regarding Enpass app not showing Face ID the first time you open the app, please try the below steps. Let me know if the issue persists -

1. Disable the Face ID and then enable it again in your iOS Enpass app by going to Settings -> Security -> Face ID.
  2. In your iPhone Settings, search for the Enpass app. Then disable the Face ID feature and re-enable it.
  3. Create a manual backup/ set up synchronization, then re-install the app.

FaceID seems like working propperly again after these steps.

Hi @PiLoT

Thank you for letting me know that the troubleshooting steps I shared with you for Face ID worked.

As for the Items which you are unable to edit, could you please share 2-3 examples of Items (along with their URL and fields) which you are unable to edit? I will then get this issue investigated with our dedicated team.

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

i think i found the root cause - i can't edit any entry - from these i imported long time ago - ( i think from keepass ).
All these entrys have a custom field called "Notes" - and the problem is not the content of the fields,
but the field type - as you can see here - the field notes has no data type.

When i choose text here - save the entry - and edit it again - its working.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-09 um 09.20.37.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2022 at 2:11 PM, PiLoT said:

Hey there - since the update i have a few entrys in my database which i can't change.

When i click edit - i can do everything ( change notes / change pw / etc... ) but after clicking on save
all changes are gone. Im using the app on ios and mac - and its on both the same.
Also the "last changed"  field wont change!

Please help me to fix this issue - this isn't really funny - and happens since the update.

Regards Volker

Hi, it seems I am not the only one - it really 'isn't funny'!

Synchronization with OneDrive also stopped working, given me an error message - helpdesk couldn't solve that (either?). Had to synchronise my 2nd vault to a Google account. Now back to normal. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 10:40 PM, CS_Enpass said:

Hi, it seems I am not the only one - it really 'isn't funny'!

Synchronization with OneDrive also stopped working, given me an error message - helpdesk couldn't solve that (either?). Had to synchronise my 2nd vault to a Google account. Now back to normal. 

Hi. no you are not the only one, I've been facing this issue recently on both iOS and Mac, it's not funny at all, I don't know how many items have not been updated. 

cc

@PiLoT

Edited by toomaj

• 6 months later...