Enpass Discussion Forum

Am I doing this right? (Enpass on Chromebook)

Hi There,

I am currently running the Android version of Enpass (v6.8.2.666) on an Asus Chromebook Flip C536 (model #: C536EA-BI3T3, ChromeOS v102.0.5005.75).

Is that the "right way" to be running Enpass on a Chromebook? Because, if it is, then Enpass is very unstable in this configuration. The Android app locks up frequently & closes unexpectedly & repeatedly.

I really love Enpass & have been using it for years. I'd hate to have to give it up at this point just because I've moved to a Chromebook.

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

- Rory

Hi @rorywohl

For troubleshooting purposes, please review the below Settings in your Enpass App Settings -> Security -> Auto-locking.

1. Lock After:
    Select a time period after which Enpass will require credentials to unlock. Try changing the time period and share your findings.
  2. Lock on Leaving:
    Enpass will require credentials to unlock once the app is no longer in the foreground. If the option is ticked, please try un-ticking it and check if the app is still getting locked.
    autolocking-in-enpass-android.png

Thanks, Abhishek,

I changed the time for "Lock After" & "Lock on Leaving" was not checked.

I still get "intermittent" results in the Chrome browser. Sometimes, when I right-click & choose "Enpass," the extension doesn't activate. Other times, it does. I can't discern a pattern.

However, it does seem  much more stable & I'm not getting the "App has stopped responding" messages.

- Rory

Hi @rorywohl

I'm glad to hear that the Enpass app is much more stable for you after the troubleshooting steps I shared with you and you are not getting 'App has stopped responding' messages.

Regarding the Enpass Extension not activating for you, please ensure that  that Enpass application is running in the background when you are using the browser extension. I would also suggest checking that you have the latest version of Chrome browser installed, re-configuring the extension and reinstalling it from here. You can even create your own keyboard shortcuts for the Enpass browser extension to activate. Please refer to this link for our handy guide on how to set up.

• 10 months later...

I have been 'forced' to abandon my v.aged single core laptop, running UBUNTU, for a ASUS chromebook.  I have installed Linux Enpass to run with up-to-date versions of my Linux apps.  my question is: how do I get linux enpass to work within Chrome Web Browser  without having to install the Google App as well?