Enpass Discussion Forum

Why does Enpass attach a ?Enpass6AutoFill= string at the end of every URL that I open with the app?

I'm thinking about switching over completely to Enpass but this doesn't make me comfortable. My other password manager that I've been using for years doesn't do this.

Whenever I click on a link on the app, my web browser then opens the link but there's a string of ?Enpass6AutoFill= followed by a bunch of characters (letters and numbers). It's the same string of characters for any websiite, and it's totally necessary. I just want to open a regular link. Having the ? at the end of a URL means that all of that information get's submitted to the website, when a form (such as a login and password) gets sent.

I want to like Enpass but this is completely unnecessary and not a good look in terms of privacy. How do I disable this?

Hi @rex,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In terms of privacy, I can certainly understand your concern. Consumers and regulators alike have become more aware of privacy issues than before.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:19 AM, rex said:

I just want to open a regular link. Having the ? at the end of a URL means that all of that information get's submitted to the website, when a form (such as a login and password) gets sent.

Although you do not have to worry because of the string ?Enpass6Autofill= followed by a bunch of characters is while you open any link from Enpass, it attaches the itemuuid and field uid to autofill the credentials into the browser using the Enpass browser extension. All information is exchanged through an encrypted channel with a common key derived using an SRP handshake for each session.