Enpass Discussion Forum

[Solved] Can't create 2nd synced vault owing to losing pw for a previous vault with lost pw synced to same cloud

JPollard

I want to create a vault synced to google drive but I need to get rid of an old vault that was previously synced to the same google drive account that I have stupidly lost the pw for.

To clarify, in agonising detail: I previously synced a vault to google drive that I then lost the password for (must have stored it in Enpass primary vault wrong! - Why didn't I use Enpass's automatic 'save new vault pw in primary vault' function?!). In Enpass, I have disconnected this vault from google drive but can’t remove the vault as to do that I need the pw [Update: It was probably just asking for the original primary vault password and I misread. Kicking myself.). When I try and create another vault synced to google drive it asks me for the password to the previous vault I synced to google drive as in the screenshot below.

image.jpeg.3495641a462416a942328494a113085c.jpeg

How do I get rid of all trace of the vault previously synced to google drive, without having the password for it, so that I can create a new one synced to that same google drive account?

I've tried the following but the only option available for Enpass was to 'Disconnect from Drive' which I did to no avail.

1. Google Drive: Login to drive.google.com. Go to Settings  Manage Apps  Enpass. From the Options menu, choose to Delete hidden app data.

Update: Solved itself! Weirdly the password started working again even though it came up with the same message as in the screenshot and I absolutely, 100% used exactly the same password as I was trying previously (copied and pasted from the same source). I'm guessing this was something to do with going through drive.google.com and disconnecting Enpass but can't say for sure. Anyway, I'm mighty chuffed!

Another update: Stone me. I've realised that when I tried to remove the vault it was probably asking for the Primary vault master password not the specific vault password. Well, I sure created a lot of hassle for myself... Hope some of this may be useful for others.

Edited by JPollard
Solved
  • Like 1

• JPollard changed the title to [Solved] Can't create 2nd synced vault owing to losing pw for a previous vault with lost pw synced to same cloud