Enpass Discussion Forum

[SOLVED] When I click the browser extension, nothing happens

jakejohn

When I click the browser extension, nothing happens.

It used to work, and I think related to upgrading Chromium/Chrome.

Enpass 5.6.5

Enpass Password Manager 5.5.2

Chromium Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 7 64-bit

Edited by jakejohn

Hi @jakejohn,

Currently, Enpass supports extensions for widely used browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, Safari and Opera browser.

Unfortunately, Chromium is not code signed and Enpass cannot verify the authenticity of the browser. However, you can make Enpass extension work with Chromium browser by turning off the Code signature verification in main Enpass App as explained here in the user manual. 

As mentioned here in the Communication section, Enpass App validates the authenticity of both extension and Browser before making any connection and serving data for auto-filling. In case of Chromium Browser, Extension Validity Check gets passed but the validity check for Browser gets failed and you get the Enpass connection error. So if you turn off the code signature verification, you can bypass the Browser checking and set your foot into auto-filling in Chromium Browser. 

To avoid any security risks associated with turning off the code signature verification, please make sure that you download the browser from the legitimate source and double check the authenticity of any extension you install.

Hope this helps!

Hi @jakejohn,

Thanks for writing back and I'm sorry the workaround didn't help. 

I would like to share that Enpass browser extension communicates to the Enpass app over the localhost address.  So please check and verify that the installed Antivirus/ Firewall is not interfering with the localhost connections (127.0.0.1). Also, share these details:

• Have you installed any Antivirus/ Firewall/third party any security-related browser extension?
  • Are you using any proxy? 
  • Are you facing the same problem in other browsers too?

Further, Open Enpass and click on Enpass helper icon and make sure that the Enpass browser extension is enabled, now run the following command in command prompt

• netstat -ano | findstr 10391

Where 10391 is the port number and if there is no output (blank), please try with other port numbers between 10391 to 10395. 

Whichever command gives the output, then run this command:

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10391') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Note The value of findstr 10391 can be changed according to the output. For ex: suppose the output comes after running this command "netstat -ano | findstr 10392" then you have to run this command: 

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10392') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

And share the logs via email at support@enpass.io mentioning a link to this discussion and we will take it further.

Thanks for your co-operation.

I managed to resolve the problem before I was able to read the troubleshooting steps.

I resolved the issue by going to Enpass Desktop and removing the checkmark from "Enable browser extensions" and adding the checkmark to "Verify browser", and then reversing those checkmarks.

I also noticed there was an extension error log that was mentioning something about the localhost connections.

So far, all is good now.

• Like 1