Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass extremely slow, nearly unusable since the latest two updates

benkenobi

Hi,

I am experiencing a very bad performance since the last two updates of Enpass.
Opening the App directly or via a browser plugin, leads to nearly 1-2 minutes of waiting.
This behavior is very frustrating and drives my crazy, hence I am thinking about to go back to 1PW.

My setup is the following on different devices:

• 1-7 vaults
  • about 900 entries in one vault, about 100 per each vault
  • about 50 attachments 
  • sync via web-dav to a Synology NAS

I am using Enpass on iOS, iPadOS, MacOS (12.4) Intel and MacOS (12.4) on a M1.
Every device behaves in the same way.

Some times a sync breaks or I am getting a message, that my password has changed, which I did not.

I tried several things in hoping to speed it up, but had no luck:

• disabling web-icons
  • removing sync 
  • changing sync to iCloud Drive
  • disabling audit
  • disabling show numbers 

I really would be happy if you could fix that very soon in the next update.
Honestly, in the past I was really satisfied with using Enpass. But if you are using it every day, you are going nuts with that.

Benkenobi

Edited by benkenobi

8 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @benkenobi,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

Please share the Enpass version on which you are facing this issue so that I can get this behaviour investigated by our concerned team. Also, from where you downloaded Enpass from our website or from store?

Hi @Gulshan Dogra,

thanks for replying.
I am facing the issue on 6.8.2 (1082) MacOS, 6.8.1 (633) iOS, 6.8.1 (633) iPadOS and the two prior versions. All from the AppStore.
To be honest, I am not totally sure about the two prior versions, but I know that the issue does not exist before and it nearly works like a charm.

@benkenobi,

In order to figure out the root cause of the issue, our backend team needs some more information. Please provide the following details so that we can reproduce the scenario at our end.

1. Share the total size of the data in Enpass. For Mac Store Build it can be checked while creating a backup manually or if you have enabled automatic backups, then you can go to Finder → Library → Containers → Enpass → Backups → Check the file size of the latest backup created.
  2. Share with us a screenshot of Enpass Processes and Memory Usage from Activity Monitor to identify the App performance when it slows down.
  3. While performing operations like Search item, Edit item, or Create a new item in Enpass are you facing any lag/slowness.

#SI-2953

@Gulshan Dogra,

of course I can, here is the needed information:

1. The latest file size of the automatic backups is: 1.2 GB.
    As I can see, the size increased dramatically from
    2022-06-07 - 1 vault 848 items - 105.5 MB
    2022-06-11 - 1 vault 848 items - 231.4 MB - Could that be a date of an update!?
    2022-06-12 - 1 vault 850 items - 435.1 MB
    2022-06-12 - 1 vault 850 items - 264.2 MB - Approx. 5 hours later w/o huge changes.
    2022-06-15 - 1 vault 848 items - 591.1 MB
    It stood somewhere around 500 - 591 MB and increased again dramatically after the 
    2022-06-29 - 3 vault 974 items - 516.3 MB
    2022-06-30 - 3 vault 976 items - 1.2 GB
  2. I attached some screens. These are from opening Enpass, searching and clicking on one of the search results.
  3. I am facing the lag or slowness on every move in Enpass. As I wrote, it is nearly unusable for me. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-30 um 16.49.32.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-30 um 17.04.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-30 um 17.05.02.png

• 1 month later...

I want to bump this thead, because I got the same issue on Windows 11.

The start and searchbar of enpass is REALLY slow since around the latest 2 Versions and when I click on an entry it is hanging always 4-5 seconds.

I'm using currently 6.8.2.

Edited by yoda

@yoda I had a discussion about that behavior via dm. So here is my solution, but I am hoping that it will be fixed very soon.

It seems, that there is an issue in the versioning of the password-fields.
I figured out, that in several stored entries the history was incredibly large, and somehow it doubles itself every time while saving these entries.

I could encircle the entries by separating all entries in clusters and afterwards, checking the password history of the relevant records. Sometimes single entries were causing a data amount of roughly 2 GB!

I got rid of these entries only by deleting them and after that, deleting the whole safe and creating a new save.
It is a possible workaround but it needs very much time in investigating. As Gulshan said, they could recreate the issue and the dev team is working on it.

Perhaps this will help you too.

@yoda,

On 8/1/2022 at 12:52 PM, Gulshan Dogra said:

This issue has been also reproduced on our end also and our team is working on it, it will be fixed in the future updates of Enpass. In the meanwhile, you can restore your database from the auto backups but it might leads to some loss of database. Your patience and support are highly appreciated.

The backend team has also been notified of your feedback for further expeditions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...