Enpass Discussion Forum

Connection Error: Edge Browser Extension

Jeff Vance

Recently the Enpass extension for MS Edge has been unable to communicate with the Enpass application - whenever I try to utilize the browser extension it will correctly pop up the app; but it never actually links up, giving me a Connection Error each time.  Even after logging into the app, the problem exists.

If I look in "Settings > Browser > Review Browsers" no browsers are listed, but I'm never prompted for a request to actually sync them up?

I've reinstalled both the store app and the browser extension and this didn't seem to help.

ConnectionError_Enpass.JPG

Hi @Jeff Vance

For troubleshooting purposes, please ensure that the latest version of Enpass and Edge browser is installed on your device and that the Enpass application is running in the background when you are using the browser extension. The “Enable Extensions” under Browser settings of your Enpass application should also be enabled.

If the problem still persists, then we will need additional information from you, kindly share it with us and we will get it investigated-

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, Enpass Extension and Edge browser you are using.
  2. Are you facing a similar issue with any other browser as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I also have the same problem connecting the app to the browser. ☹ The latest version of the application is installed. Reinstalling the app and clearing the cache did not help.

Browsers: Google Chrome, Cent Browser, MS Edge.

Please advise how to fix.

ShareX_2022-12-18_00-35-24.png

Edited by Shmanich

Hi @Shmanich

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

Please ensure that the latest version of Enpass is installed on your device and that the Enpass application is running in the background when using the browser extension. In addition, the “ Enable Extensions ” under the Browser settings of your Enpass application should also be enabled.

I would also suggest checking that you have the latest version of the browser installed, re-configuring the extension, and reinstalling it from here. You can also try unchecking the ' Authorize browsers with code signature only option ' in Enpass app Settings → Browser → Browser Authentication. Moreover, if you are using any VPN/Firewall/Antivirus application, please ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass.

• 2 weeks later...

Today the MS Edge browser did a successful pairing with Enpass and everything worked. However, after restarting the browser, the error reappeared.

When will this be fixed? I have a problem with this since summer 2022.

Edited by Shmanich
upd

• 4 weeks later...

Enpass 6.8.4(1166)

Brave Erweiterung Enpass 6.8.2

Edge Erweiterung 6.8.0

Ich habe die gleichen Probleme seit einigen Tagen, egal welcher Browser. Beim Verbindungsversuch öffnet sich Enpass aber dann keine Verbindung.

Habe schon alles versucht, Erweiterungen entfernt und wieder neu installiert, auch die Browser sind auf aktuellsten Stand.

Wer kennt eine Lösung?

Habe Enpass schon angeschrieben aber keine Antwort erhalten.

Screenshot 2023-02-05 11.44.00.png