Enpass Discussion Forum

Make a web version of Enpass

The missing feature of Enpass that all other Password managers has is a web interface. I use a lot of different computers (not always my computer) and need to login to other services. Now I need to install Enpass on every device and remove it after getting the password or copy the password on a unsecure way to the computer. It would be nice to run a Enpass server on a Linux device ( for example a Raspberry pi) to use a web version of Enpass in my local network.

11 hours ago, Lonelobo0070 said:

The missing feature of Enpass that all other Password managers has is a web interface. I use a lot of different computers (not always my computer) and need to login to other services. Now I need to install Enpass on every device and remove it after getting the password or copy the password on a unsecure way to the computer. It would be nice to run a Enpass server on a Linux device ( for example a Raspberry pi) to use a web version of Enpass in my local network.

What you are asking for is one of the core reasons people use Enpass for. Building a web version (like LastPass or 1Password) would mean that there needs to be a back end server where Enpass can “in theory” have access to your usernames/passwords to display them to you on your web browser. Many customers are not comfortable with that.  In the current device model of Enpass, the passwords/keys don’t leave your device and Enpass can’t access them.  I consider this the strongest security feature of Enpass over 1Password/LastPass etc.

For your use case - try using the portable apps that Enpass has made available. You can save it on your USB stick or your email as an attachement, just click and run that file when you are on a 3rd party computer. No need to install and uninstall

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Doe said:

What you are asking for is one of the core reasons people use Enpass for. Building a web version (like LastPass or 1Password) would mean that there needs to be a back end server where Enpass can “in theory” have access to your usernames/passwords to display them to you on your web browser. Many customers are not comfortable with that.  In the current device model of Enpass, the passwords/keys don’t leave your device and Enpass can’t access them.  I consider this the strongest security feature of Enpass over 1Password/LastPass etc.

For your use case - try using the portable apps that Enpass has made available. You can save it on your USB stick or your email as an attachement, just click and run that file when you are on a 3rd party computer. No need to install and uninstall

The request @Lonelobo0070made might not suite you nor some other users, nonetheless it is a request he's entitled to make.

When Enpass launched it's WiFi sync-feature it got a "backend" feature. 

The point of Enpass is about not being forced to store vaults at the pm-vendor in the cloud. That would still apply here. (local network) 

Hi @Lonelobo0070,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, Lonelobo0070 said:

The missing feature of Enpass that all other Password managers has is a web interface.

Enpass is designed to work locally on your device even without internet connection. Being an Offline Password Manager App our mission is to keep password management simple across all the platforms with utmost security to data.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, Lonelobo0070 said:

I use a lot of different computers (not always my computer) and need to login to other services. Now I need to install Enpass on every device and remove it after getting the password or copy the password on a unsecure way to the computer.

I totally understand your concern here and to make it hassle-free you can opt for Enpass Portable. The portable version does not require installation. You can put it on a USB drive and move between computers while taking your app and settings with you. Please refer to this link for more information.

• 1 month later...

He could, except he mentioned Raspberry PI. As I have one also, trying to find any way to access Enpass on that platform. I see other requests for it and I have chimed in there as well.

I'd honestly take the normal app without browser integration added, at least I could copy and paste the passwords. The portable version does not work on Raspberry PI.

• 1 month later...

There is a "web" version via docker. You can run docker on some host and use enpass within it. And then access via browser. But I didn't like it using that method. So, then I went for qemu-user-static and actually got Enpass running on a Pi. Just very slow emulating x86_64. Very very slow. So, in the end, gave up on Enpass and went to Kepassxc. It's a pain to migrate to anything so it's not for everyone. But I see people have been waiting for a Pi build since at least 2020 so very little hope. 

Hi @sfatula

The requested feature (support for Raspberry Pi) is on our development roadmap. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share any ETA for the same, rest assured our dedicated team is already working on implementing it and I have also shared your comments as feedback with them. Your patience in the meantime is appreciated.