Enpass Discussion Forum

iCloud vault re-authentication every time I open Enpass daily

RalfE89

I upgraded last week to macOS Big Sur 11.1 and see now for a couple of days that on each day I need to reauthenticate to iCloud. Afterwards the sync works fine but it's pretty annoying. Could imagine that new AppleID login screen, which I can confirm with TouchID, causes some trouble?

Using Enpass via AppStore, so version 6.5.2. My Mac is an MBP 13 from 2017 with Safari as primary browser.

Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same problem, after disconnecting from iCloud, when I reconnect, I don't get any screen to enter user/pass, it is done automatically, can you confirm the solution?

This issue is more than 2 years later, I am using macOS Monterrey 12.4

Edited by logi

I am using Enpass with iCloud, every time I open Enpass I have to re-authenticate iCloud, it is super inefficient, when I use my 1Password app with iCloud I don’t have to authenticate at all, is this a defect or by design? Is there a way to make this process more efficient? Thanks

Edited by logi

I have tried to follow your advice but, like most other users that have been reporting this issue for a long time, it does not fix the issue. No iCloud sign-in window appears and so there is no option to to select 'Keep me signed in'. This issue has been reported so often now, isn't it about time you started listening? Please, can you offer some advice on how to fix this or at least acknowledge it as an issue.

• Like 1

Hi @SaR

Thank you for reporting the issue. Many users confirmed that after logging out of iCloud and clearing their browser cache, they were able to sign in and that the "Keep me signed in" option worked.  However, I have shared this with the concerned team for further investigation. In the meantime, your patience is highly appreciated here. 

Manish - I have tried and retried all of the steps you suggested but it still does not resolve the issue. Judging by the number of users still experiencing this problem, I would urge you to investigate properly. I cannot continue to use Enpass if I can't rely on it to sync my data reliably - I'm sure others will be feeling the same.