Enpass Discussion Forum

autofill Enpass password

macRBC

I have paid version of Enpass on my iPod iOS 12.5.5. Followed your instructions to set autofill in my Settings. However, when on a Safari website requiring password, if I select Enpass, it takes me to the app instead of entering the user/password. 

Hi @macRBC

For troubleshooting purposes, I would recommend going through the steps in this link and ensuring that you have set up the Autofill settings for your iOS correctly. I would also recommend disabling and then enabling the Autofill Setting. If the issue persists, kindly share the below details with me and I'll have this investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and Safari browser you are using.
  2. Are you facing this issue on all the webpages on Safari browser or any particular ones? Kindly share the name and URL of a few so we may check them on our end.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. Instead of a one-click autofill on Safari and apps, I’m prompted to sign into Enpass every time. I have already turned autofill on and off and rebooted the phone.

Running Enpass 6.8.3 and iOS 16.0.2

It’s happened on the Facebook app and Safari website on Safari, the Twitter app and Safari website, and Instagram on Safari.

Hi @newuser

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, I would recommend going through the steps in this link and ensuring that you have set up the Autofill settings for your iOS correctly. If everything is set up correctly, create a manual backup/set up synchronization for your Enpass data and then reinstall the app. Let me know if the issue persists.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have followed all the setup instructions on the link; autofill is and has been enabled in iOS for Enpass my device. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and the issue still persists, I have to login to the Enpass overlay every time I want to access my password for a site or app.

Hi @newuser

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I would like to share that authentication is required when you autofill on any app/webpage in the iOS Enpass app. For ease of use, you can set up Face ID/PIN in your Enpass app Settings -> Security -> Auto Locking. Otherwise, kindly create a short video of the concern and share it with us at support@enpass.io. Our team will analyze it and get back to you.