Enpass Discussion Forum

Massive problems with WebDAV and no support

Bachsau

Since a few months I experience massiv problems with WebDAV and the support is actively ignoring my requests. >:(

I wrote about the following problem in two support tickets (ECS-30210 & ECS-30252). Both times I received acknowledgments from the Jira ticket system, and both tickets were actively deleted a few hours later without further notice! When I click the "View request" link and login to the support system, I'm told that the issue can not be found and doesn't exist. Maybe they are going to delete this topic as well, but I have to try.

Now, the problem: Almost every other week sync stops working and I'm told that my password is wrong and I need to enter the new one. However, sometimes it just displays a numeric error code without further explaination. My password didn't change, and so far the only way to get it working again, was to restore the ~/Library/Containerse.sinew.Enpass-Desktop folder from a Time Machine backup. That always worked but is nothing I wanted to do forever, so I decided to disconnect all devices, remove the WebDAV contents and start again. But now, when I try to set up the connection again, I'm instantly told by Enpass that it could not connect to the specified WebDAV folder and that I should check my username and passwort, which are definitely correct!

This only happens on MacOS. I also had iOS, Linux and Windows devices connected to the same WebDAV server and never encountered the problem on any of them. I tentatively identified that it has something to do with the WebDAV path containing a space, but this wasn't a problem when I initially set it up in March of this year. However, if I shorten the path up to the directory above the problematic part, it does connect, then instantly fails with error 906403, because that directory is read-only. I can do nothing about this suboptimal situation, because this is just how OpenXchange URLs look like. The full scheme is ""https://server.example/servlet/webdav.infostore/Userstore/Firstname Lastname/". I also tried encoding the space by typing %20 or +, but that didn't work either. In case of %20 the error code is 906409.

This needs to be fixed and soon!

PS: While the errors only happened on MacOS, re-setup seems impossible on any device now. At least the Linux version is able to write some kind of log file, but all I got was this:

Info: [HTTP]  Enabling VERIFY SSL PEER/HOST 
Info: [HTTP]  Using AUTO Proxy detection 
Error: [configTeamVaultsSync] 120  ERROR in enabling sync for  primary  :  local  :  true

Not very informative... Definitely not what a good debug log should look like. No information about the HTTP requests that were sent and what they resulted in.

Edited by Bachsau

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...