Enpass Discussion Forum

Optimize the Inline Autofill Popup Menu (location of overlay and auto-select entry)

First up, the popup menu is very helpful but has some UX problems.
Standard browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc sometimtes show up their own pop-out menu in a form.

Login-with-warning.png

This behaviour should always be respected by an extension and check if the location of its own overlay should be placed elsewhere, e.g. above/below the browser menu, or show the inline icon in the form field.

It also happens when the browser has it's own password filling active.

The other issue is that if you have multiple logins to a form and the browser cookie remembers the username and autofills it, Enpass should pre-select this entry or move it to the top list.

605436903_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-09um12_53_05.thumb.png.25f29ce5912b0d43fb837e3c5cc91eb8.png

The correct entry is not even visible since its the fourth entry.
This is really annoying and should be ordered by at least "last used" or "last updated".

@despecial, Are you able to see the scroll bar to navigate up and down in the inline box as shown in the screenshot attached below.

image.thumb.png.2d2cc0ed3852430dabbd701ee2bdf748.png

Also, share the following details so that I can get this issue investigated by our concerned team.

1. On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  2. Which Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using?
  3. Does the problem occur with other browsers? Please include the browser versions as well.  
  4. On which Web pages you are getting this issue?
  5. Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?

Hi. Yes I can scroll to the desired entry in my list. 

i think you did not understand my issue. Let me try to explain

1.) When I visit the login page, the browser/site sets the username automatically (probably via cookie)

2.) enpass has 4 saved items in the autofill list and even if the corresponding username is in the list, it does not autoselect this entry. 

3.) since the sort order of the enpass entries is wrong (newest is the lowest). I have to scroll to this entry (fourth) every time. Its super annoying. 

using latest version of Firefox and Enpass extension (autoupdated)

• 9 months later...

This is still on top of my wishlist

- When multiple items available, sort the selection by newest on top of the dropdown

-- or --

- If the browser already fills in a username, select the matching item from the multiple choices in the enpass dropdown