Enpass Discussion Forum

Android phone not syncing with Google Drive

I am able to log into Enpass local database on my PC,  but I can't do it on the Enpass app in my Android phone. When I try to sync using my PC, I am asked to provide password of Enpass data on Google drive. I made a mistake, and changed the master password on my phone and I must have made a mistake writing the new master password down on paper and now can light ibto my Enpass databàe. I tried changing the Master Password on my PC local Enpass database and it worked but I still can not sync the phone database with Google drive. I am lucky I can still access my data on my PC but I need to have it in my phone. Can you help me. I am willing to call you if you allow me. I would appreciate your assistance. Thanks.

Hi @goodherbalt,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

Please perform the troubleshooting steps and let me know if the problem persists.

Steps to create a new database file on the cloud:-

• Turn off the sync from all devices.
  • Login into Google Drive in any Browser--> Open Enpass Folder --> Select Sync_default.walletx file --> Rename it to Backup_Sync_default.walletx.
  • Now open Enpass in your Windows PC and turn on the sync. This will create a new database file on the cloud protected by the master password of Enpass on your PC.

After successfully completing the above steps please perform these steps on the Android device.

Step to restore data on Android from the cloud:-

• Re-install Enpass on Android device.
  • Now open Enpass --> Select RESTORE MY EXISTING DATA --> Select Google Drive and follow the instruction. Your data from the cloud (protected by the master password of PC) will be restored.

Hope this helps!