Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass and OneDrive?

Adam DZ

Hi all. For years I've been synchronizing Epass to Dropbox and I had very few problems. I switched to OneDrive few weeks ago and every few days days I get errors on Windows 10/11, iOS and Android that there is a problem syncing, "looks like you're trying to sync two different databases" and I have to merge. There is always a difference of one entry. I realize by now that OneDrive is way inferior to Dropbox in every way on every OS but I'm trying to save few bucks since it's included with my Office subscription. OneDrive doesn't even work well on Windows, and iOS and Android synchronization is problematic and it's basically unusable on a Mac right now.

Is this a known problem with Enpass and OneDrive? Am I risking database corruption by syncing to OneDrive? Should I sync back to Dropbox? Thanks!

Edited by Adam DZ

Hey @Adam DZ,

I appreciate your efforts in reporting the presence of this issue. In order to assist you better, please help me with the following details:

1. Are you getting any error messages while syncing to OneDrive? Or just getting different data across the devices. 
  2. Share the details of the Enpass version and OS information. 
  3. For quick troubleshooting, I would suggest you disconnect the sync on all the devices and sync them again one by one. 

@Passer, please elaborate more about the issue you're experiencing with the Enpass. 

5 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @Adam DZ,

I appreciate your efforts in reporting the presence of this issue. In order to assist you better, please help me with the following details:

1. Are you getting any error messages while syncing to OneDrive? Or just getting different data across the devices. 
  2. Share the details of the Enpass version and OS information. 
  3. For quick troubleshooting, I would suggest you disconnect the sync on all the devices and sync them again one by one. 

@Passer, please elaborate more about the issue you're experiencing with the Enpass. 

Hi!

1. I noticed that Enpass is not in sync so I pressed the Sync icon manually, then the error comes up that I'm trying to sync different databases and I have to fix it by merging.

2. Windows 11 22H2/Enpass 6.8.3 (1152), Android 11/Enpass 6.8.3.726. iPadOS 15.6.1/Enpass 6.8.3 (667)

3. It doesn't happen on all devices at the same time though. I may try that if it starts happening more often.

I may try WiFi sync too instead of cloud.

Hey @Adam DZ,

I appreciate your response. In order to assist you better, please try the following steps:

1. Firstly, take a manual backup of your data on all the devices.
  2. Secondly, disconnect the OneDrive sync from all your devices.
  3. Now, open OneDrive app/website → Go to App → Open Enpass folder → Select vault.enpassdbsync file → Rename it as oldvault.enpassbdsync.
  4. Try to reconnect the device that has the correct data with OneDrive. If synced fine, sync the rest of the devices.
  5. If sync starts to work fine, you can delete the renamed old backup file from step 3.