Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass continously has wrong passwords

KarlKaos

Hi!

I am a little worried about my safety. Since probably 1 or 2 weeks the passwords in my vault seem to be changing without me doing anything. I tried logging in to my PayPal and the stored password doesn't work any more. I already reset my password 2 times now. I also noticed that some passwords went from "excellent" to only "good" without me actually changing them.

Is this a known issue or does anyone else has access to my vault?

Cheers,

KarlKaos

Hey @KarlKaos,

Thank you for reporting the presence of this issue. In order to assist you better, please help me with the following details:

1. Share the details of the Enpass version and OS information. 
  2. Did you install Enpass from a store or our official website?
  3. Are you seeing old passwords even after changing them or seeing randomly changed passwords?
  4. Are you syncing the Enpass data with a cloud account? Kindly share its information. 
  5. Check if there is an error while syncing to the cloud account. 
  6. Does this issue occur only on PayPal or on all the websites?
  7. Share the details of the browser version as well. 

I think the issue is that it's rolling back to an old version of the stored stuff in the cloud, but I can't confirm yet. I took a screenshot of my old password and the new one, so if it actually rolls back to the old one I will know.

1. macOS 12.6 ... Enpass 6.8.3 (1150)

2. Mac App Store

3. All I can say at this point is that some of my stored passwords all of a sudden won't work any more and I noticed them going from "excellent" to only "good" and I always make sure they are "excellent"

4. Yes, I'm using my Google Drive

5. It doesn't show anything went wrong

6. It also occurs for other items in my vault ... So far I noticed it happening to these items. I first noticed it around Oct 8 and I changed the passwords and then yesterday I noticed the passwords aren't working any more for EA & Origin, Amplesound, PayPal, 2K (which apparently got breached 2 times recently). I have the feeling that my passwords reverted to an earlier version of the cloud, but I can't confirm it yet (I took screenshots to make sure if it happens again).

image.png.d64a2debcc883b7b3c94a91ebb74dc87.png

7. Google Chrome (Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (x86_64)) with the Enpass Extention 6.8.0

So I just checked and the passwords for Soundcloud and Ubisoft changed to a password that is only "good" and I can't log in any more, I have to reset the passwords again.

image.png.3ce0de0af3ecede1a4a258c052d1b577.png

As you can see there is no indicator that the passwords changed today.

Edited by KarlKaos

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Mohit Thapa contacted me and gave me access to the 6.8.4 beta for Mac and I've been running that ever since on my iMac. A couple of days ago, I updated my macOS on my iMac and ran my MacBookPro that still had the old version 6.8.3 (maybe that is the reason the passwords changed again).

So my passwords got changed again. I took a screenshot of the before and after changing them and I can confirm the passwords got reverted to the old ones. Again it is the same items that changed back to the old state, so I manually had to change all of them to be able to log back in.

image.png.8dc7bcebc7e4865a58b264cfe6a90684.png

Edited by KarlKaos

had the same issue. but in my case i see now new modification date on the records.

imac m1 and macbook pro m1 with latest monterey and enpass stable release from website and iphone 12 with latest ios 16 release and enpass stable release.

changed some passwords on imac in early october. startet macbook this week and password was switched back on all devices to the password before. after that i closed enpass on all devices. deleted the file in onedrive. recovered correct db from a backup on imac m1. passwords seems to be ok. after starting enpass on macbook m1 again. password gets again set back. so i did the samething again but deleted all data on all devices except on imac m1. deleted onedrive file. made recovery and everything works no again.

this was the first time i had this issue. so in future i will check everytime on all devices after creating new records or updating existing records

Edited by MOM20xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @KarlKaos

This is indeed a peculiar behaviour and should not be happening. Please try the below troubleshooting steps and share your findings with me -

1. Remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from Google Drive. Please proceed with it, and after doing it, open Google Drive in Browser---> Go to Settings--->Select Manage Apps--->Click on Enpass Option--->Select Delete hidden App Data (make sure that hidden data is deleted from the drive). Then enable the synchronization again, first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices.
  2. Please check and confirm that the time setting is set to automatic on all the devices and there is no time difference. If they are not, kindly set it to automatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...