Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Chrome Extension Flicker on Click

I have been having this issue for some times now. When Enpass extension icon on Chrome is clicked, it flashes and nothing opens up, it works again after computer restarted then it stopped working again, sometimes closing Chrome will get extension working again. When this happened, I noticed auto save window pop up it looks big, display in low resolution and I cannot see save button. Sample picture is uploaded.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled extension as well as Enpass application, uninstalled/installed Chrome without any success. This also happening after I change a new computer.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Screenshot 2022-10-13 103850.png

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, Enpass Extension and Chrome browser you are using. Chrome Version 106.0.5249.103, extension ver. 6.8.0, Enpass ver 6.8.3.
  2. Are you facing this issue on multiple browsers? I am exclusively using Chrome, this happened on both work and personal computer.

• 5 months later...

I get this same behavior on Windows 11 (x64) running Firefox. I do not use any other browser.

I have yet to get this problem running on Linux.

When this happens, I need to launch enpass from the start menu to get to it. I cannot make it appear from the tray icons.

Hi @srouleau

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the below steps -

1. Ensure that the latest version of Enpass is installed on your device and that the Enpass application is running in the background when using the browser extension. In addition, the “ Enable Extensions ” under the Browser settings of your Enpass application should also be enabled.
  2. I would also suggest checking that you have the latest version of browser installed , re-configuring the extension, and reinstalling it from here.
  3. Try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser.
  4. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Antivirus/Firewall/VPN settings. Also try disabling them to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please share the below details -

1. The version of the Enpass app, Enpass Extension and browser you are using.
  2. A short video showing this issue would be helpful. You can share the video with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

• 1 month later...

Hello Abhishek,

When this problem occurs, I cannot even launch enpass from the tray icons, so I do not believe step 3 (cache and cookies) is related. To view enpass again when this happens, I need to launch it from the Start menu.

I am running 6.8.6 of enpass, the latest Firefox (but, again, I can't even launch it from the tray icons...)

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I forgot to check back.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the screen recording, which I will email to you. The video shows 3 ways in which Enpass does not pop up:

1) Using the left-click, password manager method

2) Using the right-click, contextual menu method

3) Using the tray icon (thus completely bypassing the browser as far as I know)

I'm using Firefox x64 113.0.2 on Windows 11.

Enpass extension is 6.8.3

Enpass is 6.8.6 (1360)

I had to kill enpass completely because even launching it from the Start menu would not bring up the window (something which has always worked in the past).

No problem, thanks for taking the time to investigate.

The hard part about this bug is that it is not constant. I will have Enpass work properly for a while, then it'll start flickering and I need to either reboot Windows or kill Enpass for it to work again.

Hi @srouleau

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter and apologize for any inconvenience caused. While we are looking into this concern for you, could you please enable the dock mode for Enpass assistant from the Enpass General setting page and check if you are still facing this concern? If yes, then kindly share the total number of Vaults and Items you have saved in your Enpass app.

Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update: WIth dock, I now get this behavior after a while:

1. Click on field

2. Enpass blinks on and off

3. Click again

4. Enpass appears, asking for my NIP

5. Enter NIP, nothing happens

6. Click again

7. Matching Enpass entries show up.

So, it works; it's now a mild annoyance whereas before it was downright unusable. I consider this progress!

I wrote my previous last message last night, but forgot to submit the reply.

This morning the original problem came back, and I had to log out of Windows for Enpass to appear again. So it looks like dock mode does not solve the issue.

Edited by srouleau

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...