Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofilling beta 5.6.5 on Oreo 8.1

biz78

The only way i can autofill is using the notification as the autofilling feature on 8.0 (that the little box with the fingerprint drawn over apps) isn't working here which is the main and only reason i keep going back to 1password. It works in the built in enpass browser but that's it. I have to use the notification everywhere else.

I hate the notification method because my notification is always filled up and i find it a little hard to notice the enpass lock at times. When i noticed there was a new beta I was happy hoping it might have been fixed but was wrong.  Please advise

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @biz78

Thanks for writing in.

Currently, Android Oreo autofill works flawlessly with the apps and the Firefox Focus browser. Chrome and other browsers haven't implemented the Android autofill framework, not yet.  

9 hours ago, biz78 said:

I hate the notification method because my notification is always filled up and i find it a little hard to notice the enpass lock at times. When i noticed there was a new beta I was happy hoping it might have been fixed but was wrong.  Please advise

If you don't like the notification autofill, you can use the Enpass keyboard to autofill instead.

Cheers

Just curious, I also have 1password which works flawlessly with chrome and every other app unlike enpass, using the Oreo autofill. See below.. First is using enpass and the second is 1password in chrome. So, I don't understand when you say chrome hasn't implemented the autofill.

Screenshot_20180328-111752.png

Screenshot_20180328-112255.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, biz78 said:

Just curious, I also have 1password which works flawlessly with chrome and every other app unlike enpass, using the Oreo autofill. See below.. First is using enpass and the second is 1password in chrome. So, I don't understand when you say chrome hasn't implemented the autofill.

Screenshot_20180328-111752.png

Screenshot_20180328-112255.png

Interesting. Let's wait what the dev team says how 1PW is doing that.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @biz78

Their user interface makes it look like Android Autofill but it seems they are doing it by accessibility service, the same service that Enpass uses to bring up the notification.

Hope this answers your query.