Enpass Discussion Forum

Android keyboard password bar not working pixel 7

solgar

Hi @Manish Chokwal, yes I have these options enabled and have tried rebooting the phone a couple of times as well just to be sure they stuck. Still just get the blank bar on the keyboard.

In a separate note, the autofill has been sort of working, though often only the username/email field and often not the password field. The keybard however just has a blank black bar where there's usually the option to choose the account from enpass.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:13 AM, solgar said:

Hi @Manish Chokwal, yes I have these options enabled and have tried rebooting the phone a couple of times as well just to be sure they stuck. Still just get the blank bar on the keyboard.

In a separate note, the autofill has been sort of working, though often only the username/email field and often not the password field. The keybard however just has a blank black bar where there's usually the option to choose the account from enpass.

This also occurs to me on Pixel 7 Pro.  Everything worked find on older Pixel 3.  Have double-checked/compares all settings between the 2 phones and they match. 

Using Swiftkey keybard.

(1) At times, tapping in username field will show the Autofill button at top of keyboard.  Selecting autofill and the appropriate account it will only fill in username field.  Leaves passoword field blank.  Tapping in password field will just show keyboard with no Autofill button at top of keyboard.

(2) Other times I tap in the username or password field and get a pop-up on the field for Autofill with Enpass.  Not sure why the different in functionality.

But mostly item (1) is what occurs.

Also, for the ones that do work, when I link the app to the enpass entry, returning to app and login again displays the associated enpass entry and a whole bunch of others as well that should not be associated with the particular app.  Again, this did not occur on Pixel 3, just now the Pixel 7.

In the apps that Enpass is not working I have tested Bitwarden and Bitwarden is working as expected.

Edited by chants92

12 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @all,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I have shared it with the concerned team for further investigation. In the meantime, please confirm this issue occur only after updating to v6.8.3. 

SI-3145

This might be an Androud 13 problem.  I have a galaxy note 20 that I've loaded the latest Android build on from Samsung and that keyboard does the same thing as the pixel that also runs Android 13. Screenshot is attached though note I'm running enpass 6.7.1.572 on this device. Before upgrading Android,  the keyboard worked fine. 

Screenshot_20221017_212653_Outlook.jpg

I'm having a similar problem on a brand new Pixel 7. I installed the app, restored my database, then went to configuring all of my apps. When I select autofill it fills in my email address and refuses to fill in any passwords. I have to open Enpass, navigate to the item, copy the password, then flip back to the app and paste it manually. This worked correctly on the Pixel 5.

I've noticed that it seems to only be apps that after autofill the boxes are highlighted yellow that it won't fill in passwords. If the form mimics that of a browser form autofill will work. So it's a 50/50 on whether Enpass will autofill the password or not.

Edited by CryptoJunkie

On 10/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, CryptoJunkie said:

I'm having a similar problem on a brand new Pixel 7. I installed the app, restored my database, then went to configuring all of my apps. When I select autofill it fills in my email address and refuses to fill in any passwords. I have to open Enpass, navigate to the item, copy the password, then flip back to the app and paste it manually. This worked correctly on the Pixel 5.

I've noticed that it seems to only be apps that after autofill the boxes are highlighted yellow that it won't fill in passwords. If the form mimics that of a browser form autofill will work. So it's a 50/50 on whether Enpass will autofill the password or not.

Same issue also with pixel 7

On 10/18/2022 at 4:06 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @all,

Thank you for being patient with us. Our team has reproduced this issue that is specific to Android 13 and working on fixing it. In the meantime, your patience is highly appreciated here. 

I am having this issue on Pixel 7 Pro with Enpass version 6.8.4.734

I received an update today of Enpass to version 6.8.4.734.  Do not know if it was meant to fix this issue for P7P on Android 13 or not because the change log appeared have not been updated.  But the issue still occurs.  This is very frustrating for a paid app/subscription with no updated response from Enpass.  I will probably transfer everything to Bitwarden given that it works with P7P and Android 13.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem on Android 13.   It has now been months with no fix or ETA of a fix.   What good is a password manager that can't autofill?   Can we get an update with an expected fix date please?  Please don't add another message saying sorry you will escalate.  That is not useful.  Give us a real status update please.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/4/2022 at 7:05 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @all, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I have shared your feedback with the concerned team to investigate on a higher priority. In the meantime, your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated here. 

Why is the team just now going to "investigate" given that you said on Oct 18 that the team had reproduced the issue and was working on a fix.  That was two months ago.

@Manish Chokwal Can you give us any update?  You asked us to be patient in October.  But it is now December and Enpass Team has been totally silent.  This issue and the lack of response from Enpass team is a trust buster.

For the people on this forum if we don't get a response in the next couple days we may have to just update reviews in the app store to get the attention of the Enpass Team.

Hi @Elmmerman

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter. Our development team is already aware of this issue and is working on a fix to resolve this concern. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share any ETA for the same but rest assured, I will be sure to update this forum regarding the fix in this case. Enpass appreciates your cooperation and support in the meantime.

I'm not sure if the issue is my recent upgrade to Android 13, or if it's an issue with Enpass itself.  I'm noting that apps which previously allowed Enpass to autofill in username and password now only are allowing fill in of the username.  When I click on the password field I don't get the pop up asking if I want to use Enpass.  Is there any official issue with Android 13?