Enpass Discussion Forum

Android keyboard password bar not working pixel 7

solgar

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

We have rolled out our latest update for Enpass Android (v6.8.5), in which we have fixed this reported concern regarding autofilling in Android 13. We would greatly appreciate it if you could update your Enpass app and share your findings with us.

I am still having the issue. The Enpass icon will appear on my keyboard but only autofill email address and not password. 

Apps I'm having issues with are:

Reddit

Amazon

My Enpass Version 6.8.5.758

Hi @BeanBagChair

On some apps and websites, Autofill may not work correctly if the device’s operating system cannot identify the login fields needing to be filled. For such websites, you can also use Enpass keyboard to autofill.

Otherwise, for troubleshooting purposes, please refer to the below steps -

1. Checkout our troubleshooting guide.
  2. Take a note of your credentials of this webpage and remove the Item that you have saved in your Enpass app. Then, on the login page of this same website, enter your credentials and save as new Item. Once one, try auto-filling again on the same app, and let me know if it works for you.

7 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @BeanBagChair

On some apps and websites, Autofill may not work correctly if the device’s operating system cannot identify the login fields needing to be filled. For such websites, you can also use Enpass keyboard to autofill.

Otherwise, for troubleshooting purposes, please refer to the below steps -

1. Checkout our troubleshooting guide.
  2. Take a note of your credentials of this webpage and remove the Item that you have saved in your Enpass app. Then, on the login page of this same website, enter your credentials and save as new Item. Once one, try auto-filling again on the same app, and let me know if it works for you.

Unless Bitwarden has an OS workaround, I do not think it is the operating system that is the issue.  CoCoRaHs is a great example of where Enpass will not fill in the password field but it will work fine with Bitwarden.  I even deleted the CoCoRaHs record from my Enpass and re-added it new.  You can create a free CoCoRaHs account to test it out.  But Enpass will not auto-fill the password on Pixel 7 Pro Android 13.  I have come across other apps that have the same issue which work with Bitwarden.

Just now, chants92 said:

Unless Bitwarden has an OS workaround, I do not think it is the operating system that is the issue.  CoCoRaHs is a great example of where Enpass will not fill in the password field but it will work fine with Bitwarden.  I even deleted the CoCoRaHs record from my Enpass and re-added it new.  You can create a free CoCoRaHs account to test it out.  But Enpass will not auto-fill the password on Pixel 7 Pro Android 13.  I have come across other apps that have the same issue which work with Bitwarden.

Shamefully I can confirm last pass works as well on my pixel 7, for the apps I have issues with enpass.

2 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chants92 @Gator99

Please share the below details with me and I will gladly get this checked for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, and browser you are using.
  2. The name/URL of all the apps/webpages on which you are facing this issue.

To be clear, on Window's PC all is working as it should.

Android 13 (January 4th 2023 security update)

Pixel 7

Enpass 6.8.5.758

Apps that I know do not pass the password, does autofill the username.  (also your tip on using the enpass keyboard is a workaround but not ideal to switch back and forth)

1. Vystar Credit Union (app)
  2. Chase for Business (app)
  3. Paypal (app)
  4. Health Equity (app)
  5. T. Rowe Price (app)
  6. Progressive insurance (app)
  7. Vudu/Fandango (app)

Hi @Gator99

Thank you for sharing the details.

I shared them with our testing team, and they were able to reproduce this issue on their end. Our development team is now working on fixing it and improving the behaviour of auto-fill in these instances, and I will be sure to notify you on this forum in case of future updates. We appreciate your support and cooperation in the meantime.

#SI-3243

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:02 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chants92 @Gator99

Please share the below details with me and I will gladly get this checked for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, and browser you are using.
  2. The name/URL of all the apps/webpages on which you are facing this issue.

Android 13 (January 4th 2023 security update)

Pixel 7

Enpass 6.8.5.758

CoCoRaHS app - will only fill in user ID

Potbelly Sandwich Works app - will only fill in user ID

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife wouldn't deal with it anymore.  She is switching to another service which is making my life more difficult.  But she has no faith that they are going to fix it given that it has been half a year at this point with nothing.  Seriously, what good is a password manager that doesn't fill in passwords?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, EImmerman said:

My wife wouldn't deal with it anymore.  She is switching to another service which is making my life more difficult.  But she has no faith that they are going to fix it given that it has been half a year at this point with nothing.  Seriously, what good is a password manager that doesn't fill in passwords?

@Abhishek Dewan

I too will be switching and it's going to be a very difficult and frustrating process. I can assure you that I will look into receiving a refund for the 5+ months that they've failed to render a service that I paid for. Very sad that it's almost been 6 months since we were told that a team was working on it despite several other password apps functioning properly.

Edited by mackNmad

51 minutes ago, mackNmad said:

@Abhishek Dewan

I too will be switching and it's going to be a very difficult and frustrating process. I can assure you that I will look into receiving a refund for the 5+ months that they've failed to render a service that I paid for. Very sad that it's almost been 6 months since we were told that a team was working on it despite several other password apps functioning properly.

You can export to a json file from Enpass and import into Bitwarden. It will not import file attachments but you can save from Enpass and attach in Bitwarden easily.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:02 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Elmmerman

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter. Our development team is already aware of the reported issue, and they are working on a fix. We are also monitoring this forum and will be sure to update it once a patch is released. Any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

I'm still having issues with some apps, Enpass can fill out the username but not the password. I'm on Enpass Pro 6.8.6.768  Enpass is enabled as the autofill service in Android settings.  This is on a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.  There are more apps which don't work with Enpass, but I don't have the time to look them all up right now.  I'm hoping this can get fixed as it's become quite tedious to manage passwords with Enpass.

On these Enpass fills out the username, but not the password:

1) Bank of America Mobile Banking (Android app) version 23.02.0

2) ActiveFit (Android app) version 2.5.1

3) CreditWise from Capital One (Android app) version 1.90.0

On these Enpass doesn't fill the username or password:

1) Capital One Mobile (Android app) version 5.107.14

2) Barclays US Credit Cards (Android app) version 8.1.2

3) PNC Mobile (Android app) version 4.34

4) Vanguard (Android app) version 10.48.0

You'll be better off just switching to Bitwarden.  Come up with a good 20 character master password, you can set key iteration to a high number (Bitwarden has upped the default for new accounts...no ability to do this in Enpass at all), and they have Aargon2id algorithm as well.  You can even self-host Bitwarden if you are so inclined.  Bitwarden just works.  I switched and cancelled Enpass but I get replies to this thread for fun to see if Enpass will ever release a fix.  If it were a simple fix they would have already done so.

• Like 1