Enpass Discussion Forum

Android keyboard password bar not working pixel 7

solgar

On 3/12/2023 at 9:04 PM, chants92 said:

You'll be better off just switching to Bitwarden.  Come up with a good 20 character master password, you can set key iteration to a high number (Bitwarden has upped the default for new accounts...no ability to do this in Enpass at all), and they have Aargon2id algorithm as well.  You can even self-host Bitwarden if you are so inclined.  Bitwarden just works.  I switched and cancelled Enpass but I get replies to this thread for fun to see if Enpass will ever release a fix.  If it were a simple fix they would have already done so.

Almost a week and no response from Enpass, this issue has been going on for months now.  I took your advice and tried Bitwarden, was able to Json export all my Enpass stuff.  Autofill works perfectly with Bitwarden, and I didn't even have to enable the accessibility autofill which is a huge privacy concern.  Come on Enpass, DO BETTER!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Enpass Pro (v.6.8.6.768) on a Oneplus 9 with Android 13 (OxygenOS 13) and when i try to login to apps either the Enpass icon does not show up to have the fields auto filled or it does but will not fill the password field. All Autofill settings in Enpass are set properly.

Any updates on when this issue will be resolved ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

Basically all of them, all my banking apps TD, NBC my Synology apps (DS File, DS Photo) and any app that requires username/password to login

There is no ETA, this has been an issue for months  now with no fix in sight. There is some sort of fundamental issue with Enpass and it seems either they can't fix it, or don't want to.  Instead of being honest with us they just keep stringing us along as if they are actually trying to solve it. 

I took someone else's advice and tried out Bitwarden, and it seems to work quite well without Enpass' issues with logins. It also improves on a ton of stuff Enpass doesn't have.  It was only a matter of exporting my Enpass data via a json file, and then importing it into Bitwarden, everything transfers over perfectly.

I, too, think this issue is pretty silly... I purchased a Pixel 7 pro recently and expected functionality to be better than my previous Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. But clearly it's not.

I also moved from Lastpass to Enpass (to have a local database), and at first I was happy with it. However, the fact that Enpass is unable to get their product to work with a major flagship phone is, frankly, unbelievable :/

I found this thread while setting up my phone, so here follows a NICE LONG LIST of apps that won't be autofilled:

• Paypal (only fills email field, not pw - Enpass keyboard fills okay)
  • Instagram (only fills password - Enpass keyboard has the same issue)
  • TP-Link Tapo (doesn't offer to fill user/pw - keyboard also fills nothing after selecting the correct entry)
  • TP-Link Kasa (fills only username - keyboard doesn't Auto fill)
  • Community by Urbanise (fills username only - keyboard fills ok)
  • CubeStation (Doesn't autofill at all - keyboard only works by selecting fields*)
  • TeamViewer (only fills email field, keyboard works as intended)
  • U-TEC smart lock app (only fills email, keyboard works as intended)
  • PADI (diving app, works ok!)
  • Mirabella Genio (Doesn't work at all, won't even associate the password entry with the app. Keyboard only works by manually filling username and password from the keyboard bar)
  • MyNetDiary (only autofills email field, keyboard fills ok)
  • PIA VPN (can fill both email and pw, but only if the popup comes up by pressing in the pw field. If popup pressed while in the email field, only email is filled)
  • Solax Cloud (only fills email field, keyboard fills ok)
  • Subway (Fills okay, but doesn't save the association with the app, despite the tick box selected)
  • Zoom (only fills email, keyboard fills ok)
  • Facebook Lite Messenger (doesn't autofill anything and no pop-up. Keyboard can only fill by clicking user and pw while in the correct field).
  • Mi Home (Xiaomi app - only fills password, keyboard only fills by manual selection of fields)
  • Trello (Fills only username - keyboard only fills by manual selection of fields)

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm also on Enpass 6.8.6.768. I setup a Samsung S23+ recently and when re-logging in to my apps, I don't think one of them auto-filled the password into the password field, but it would fill the username field. The autofill seems to work better in webviews or in the web browser. I double checked I have Enpass selected for the Autofill server. I also tried enabling the ability to autofill through accessibility, but that doesn't populate the password in app logins either.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:08 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Mikey2233

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter. Our development team is aware of this concern and is working on fixing it. Kindly share the name of the apps on which you are facing this issue and I'll forward it to our dedicated team.

Hi Abishek

I appreciate that this is not a simple issue to resolve, and that you in a position of forum moderator/basic support have very little you can do other than to acknowledge the problem and pass on the information to the dev team.

However, it does feel a bit condescending for Enpass support to continually repeat the same response that has been parrotted out for the past six months.

• "Apologies for the inconvenience..."
  • "Our developelopment team is aware of the issue..."
  • "Please share the name of any apps where this is an issue..."

We're not unintelligent people here. An issue that has gone on for so long deserves a proper explanation from one of the staff working to resolve it. Can you please request a proper update on what is causing this issue and why resolving it is taking so long?

Or, perhaps you could start handing out discount vouchers or "no-return refunds"... Apologies are worth nothing without actions or changes that address the underlying issue. This is a perfect example of "apology-fatigue" causing you loss of customers.

Regards
Michas Richter

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...