Enpass Discussion Forum

Syncing issues across devices

Jonesdds

Have a syncing issue.  I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone and Ipad.  The MacBook Pro seems up to date, I think but hard to say because most if not all changes I do on the Mac.  It doesn’t show syncing issues.  But, my iPhone doesn’t show syncing issues and says it’s synced without issues if I sync.  It may be that it’s syncing to the iPad and not the Mac.  However the iPad shows the below.  So not sure what the problem is or where.  Help please.  There are no issues with other apple apps syncing across all devices.

image.thumb.png.247273228ab1bb91979bd93c5d259b0f.png

Hey @Jonesdds,

Thank you for reporting the presence of this issue. I would suggest you try the following steps and share the results;

1. Firstly, take a manual backup of your data on all the devices.
  2. Secondly, disconnect the iCloud sync from all your devices.
  3. Make sure to select the option "Also, delete data from the iCloud". 
  4. Now, try to reconnect iCloud sync on the device that has the latest data. If synced fine, sync the rest of the devices.

On 10/20/2022 at 3:39 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @Jonesdds,

Thank you for reporting the presence of this issue. I would suggest you try the following steps and share the results;

1. Firstly, take a manual backup of your data on all the devices.
  2. Secondly, disconnect the iCloud sync from all your devices.
  3. Make sure to select the option "Also, delete data from the iCloud". 
  4. Now, try to reconnect iCloud sync on the device that has the latest data. If synced fine, sync the rest of the devices.

So my Macbook seems to be accurate, I think.  It's my ipad and iphone not updating/syncing to changes I've made to my Mac.  So I did what you said but how you describe it is not correct for ipad(see photo). I have to clear the data and then disconnect and then reconnect.  I did the back up first.  

I also don't understand if I delete the data from icloud and then reconnect across all devices don't I have to restore from a physical back up?

I just did with ipad first as described except the different clearing of the data in icloud and reconnected.  First got an error message when syncing that there is no internet connection(not true) and then the below message. Getting frustrated with the numerous issues.

FBB1FC89-C6BF-41F5-A13D-6D014FD7D82D_1_201_a.jpeg

1D7AA189-4A7D-40B6-96F5-7F95F838253C_1_201_a.jpeg

Hey @Jonesdds,

I appreciate your response. It seems there are some issues with the data file uploaded to iCloud. Also, let me explain and clear up your doubts about the previously shared steps:

1. To begin with take a manual backup of your data on all the devices.
  2. Now, disconnect the iCloud sync from your iPhone and iPad. As you have mentioned that it is already disconnected and showing an error while connecting to iCloud so let it be disconnected. 
  3. In addition, select the option "Delete data from the iCloud" on your Mac. It will clear the Enpass data from iCloud.
  4. Now, try to reconnect iCloud sync on the Mac to upload the correct and updated data on the iCloud.
  5. If Mac synced successfully, sync the iPhone and iPad it will restore the latest data from the iCloud.