Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync from mobile to Dropbox broken, cannot fix it

Aneth29

Hello,

within the last month or so, the sync to my other device via Dropbox got broken. As far as I can tell from history in Dropbox account, the last sync from mobile to dropbox (and Mac) was about mid-September. Right now, I see new updates made via mobile only on the mobile phone. When I press the Sync button manually, nothing happens (neither in the app, nor in Dropbox account). I tried to remove the Dropbox account used for sync, but when I press the Disconnect button (Vault settings - "Dropbox account" - Disconnect), an error message "Sync is not enabled for this vault" appears, with a loading circle running until the app logs me out. When I restart the app, the link to my Dropbox account is still there.  Can you please advise on how to fix the sync (ideally without reinstalling the app, if reinstall is necessary, is local backup enough to keep and restore the latest data?) 

Version of app: 6.8.3.726 (I see no update in app store)

Android version: 9

Device: LG-H930

Default browser app: Samsung internet (for serveral years now)

Other info: I only have one vault

Thank you, Andrea

Hey @Aneth29,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. In order to resolve this issue, I would suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Take a backup of the Enpass Data. Open Enpass app -> Setting -> Advanced -> Backup -> On Device -> Save. 
  2. Now, erase everything from the Enpass. Open Enpass -> Setting -> Advanced -> Erase Everything.
  3. Restore data using the backup file. From the welcome screen -> On Device.
  4. Sync the Vault with the Dropbox Account.
  5. Let us know if the issue got resolved.

SI-3148