Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill is not working on webpages

lexvo

Hello,

Recently, I noticed that autofill username and password does not work anymore on many websites. I see the Enpass-icon on the right site of a field, but when I click on it, nothing happens. The Enpass app is active and unlocked. Even on this site (Enpass forum) it does not work anymore. Is there some setting I should look at?

Edited by lexvo
  • Like 1

In addition, the Enpass app is hanging often, using a lot op CPU (never did that before). I have to force quit and then restart it.

I already tried restarting Enpass and Safari, and also rebooting my Mac, but that didn't help. I also tried clearing the cache of Safari, but that did not help either.

I have no idea what is going on.

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-26 om 19.09.59.png

Edited by lexvo

I tried to delete and re-install the app (and extension) but it still does not work. The button in the Safari-bar seems to work, but I don't get the Enpass-icon in the username/password fields like it used to. I really don't know why this suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Hey @lexvo,

Thank you for reporting the presence of this issue and the certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps. In order to assist you better, please help me with the following details:

1. Share the Enpass version and OS information. 
  2. Did you install Enpass from a store or our official website?
  3. Help me with the Safari browser version. 
  4. Are you getting any error messages while using the extension?

Hello,

1) I am using Enpass 6.8.3 (1150) on MacOS 12.6.

2) I installed Enpass from the Mac App Store.

3) Safari version: 16.0

4) No, no errors when using the extension.

I thought I might have found the problem: I have a QNAP NAS and the administrator login page was giving trouble. I could not select the Enpass icon and Enpass started using a lot of CPU. After that, autofill did not work on other websites. I had to restart Safari and Enpass like I described. However, since a few days Enpass is working OK on the QNAP admin login page. Enpass is also working OK on other websites now. I realize this makes it difficult to find out what the problem was.

However, I noticed that Enpass generates a lot of fields with the URL of my QNAP:

image.thumb.png.3a8cac889177aa040225f996259122de.png

Edited by lexvo
  • Like 1

I have exactly same problem. Most of the time, safari browser extension is working fine, but with some sites (my bank site for example), when i clic on the extension, nothing happens and Enpass app starts heating all my CPU and freezes. I have to force quit the app, then open again. Then login is working as long as i don't refresh the page. Just after retarting the app, if i refresh my webpage : once again the app freezes.

I have enabled and disabled autofill option : same behaviour.

I have tried with the app store version and with the site one : same behaviour

I have downloaded the beta one (6.8.4 (1165)) : same behaviour.

And i am working with M1 Macbook pro and latest ventura software.

Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @sdudulon,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our team has tested it and found it working as expected. If possible, could you please share a short video of this issue? It would help us to investigate it better. Additionally, shares the URLs of the websites where Enpass could not autofill the details. 

Hi, any news about this issue ?

Hi @sdudulon

Our team is looking into the reported concern but require some additional information in this matter. Please share the below details so we may proceed further with the investigation -

1. No of vaults you are using and are they connected to any cloud services?

2. No of Items and attachments in each vault.

3. Total size of enpass.dbsync file ( from documents> enpass> vaults> .dbsync file)

Your cooperation in this case is appreciated.

Hi @sdudulon

Thank you for sharing the details.

I have forwarded every bit of information to our testing team and will update you soon regarding this matter. While we get this checked for you, could you please confirm if you are facing this issue with just the Safari browser or any other browser as well? Also, please share which Webdav server you are using,  try disconnecting Webdav sync on the affected device and check if you are still facing this concern?

So, i did more investigations. 

If i disconnect both vaults from webdav : NO ISSUE. Enpass is working fine.

If I connect only one or both vaults : ISSUE is back. It's not working on safari and Firefox (i have not tested with other browsers).

So, it seems to have something to do with webdav.

My webdav server is a personnal one, on my diskstation (synology NAS).

Tell me if you need more details

Thanks

Hi,

I have the exact same problems. Enpass not filing out forms (I'm using Firefox though), and then randomly freezing.

There is an Enpass icon displayed in the input fields when they get focus but clicking on them doesn't do anything. And clicking the Enpass icon in my Firefox's menu bar Enpass will eventually freeze.

Enpass version is 6.8.4 downloaded from the App Store

I have 1 vault with 155 entries and 19 attachments connected to my iCloud account. The size is 22.6 MB.

I am on macOs Monterey, 12.6.1 (MBP late 2017)

Do you want me to start a new topic or should I continue in this one?

Thanks!

Edit: I already have disconnected the vault and re-connected to iCloud, uninstalled an re-installed Enpass and uninstalled and re-installed the browser extension as well.

I am experiencing this issue actually since 6.8.3

Edited by whoever

I have the exact same problem. It appears with the extension 6.8.0 (Enpass 6.8.4) on my M1 Mac in all browsers. I played a little with the settings of the add-on for testing.

In doing so, I noticed that the problem no longer occurs when I disable the "Show popup menu to auto-fill" setting. All other settings have no influence on the problem, also the sync settings of the vault have no influence. Maybe this will help the Enpass team in their analysis.

Regards

datarepos

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have the same problem:

It first appeared after updating to Enpass 6.8.3 in early October. (The same update also destroyed the Dropbox Sync for me)

I use Safari on macOS.

it seems to help to quit and restart the Enpass app, then the problem goes away until it occurs again at some point.

My Setup:

Intel based iMac

macOS 13.1

Safari 16.2

Enpass 6.8.4 (1166)

• 2 weeks later...