Enpass Discussion Forum

0x803F8001:"Enpass Password Manager is currently not available in your account"

FuN_KeY

Hi @all

Enpass is grateful for all the information that its users and clients provided on this issue. It was thanks to your efforts that we were able to conduct the investigation.

Our support team sent all details to our QA/Development team for them to investigate on a top priority, and I want to assure all members here that this has been identified as a Microsoft store error, and we have escalated the issue with them. That being said, we'll get this resolved very soon, and I'll keep this forum updated if there are any updates. You may download the Website version of our application from here in the meantime, as suggested. The inconvenience caused is deeply regretted.

• Sad 1

Same problem. I only have the desktop version and I get this error:
Enpass Password Manager is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

I installed the web version and I get the same error.

Can't access any of my passwords and I am very much in need for them.

• Thanks 1

Hi @all

If the website version is also showing the same error, then please remove the Enpass app completely from your system and then install the website version. You can refer to the below steps -

• Click your computer’s Start menu and type "Enpass".
  • When Enpass is highlighted in the search results, select Uninstall from list of actions provided.
  • When Enpass is uninstalled, your data is deleted automatically.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same problem here, we have no access to our passwords. How can something like this even happen with a release build Windows update? Don't you test Enpass with the pre-release builds from the Insider program?!

Edited by vool

24 minutes ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

If the website version is also showing the same error, then please remove the Enpass app completely from your system and then install the website version. You can refer to the below steps -

• When Enpass is highlighted in the search results, select Uninstall from list of actions provided.
  • When Enpass is in uninstalled, your data is deleted automatically.

But this will delete my passwords as well?

29 minutes ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

f the website version is also showing the same error

With this, Enpass has finally shot itself down. I am looking for another software. I'm sorry guys but something like this is not possible.
I expect you to fix the error today

Edited by Tobi

Hi. Same here.

Where are Enpass data files (programs files ? AppsData ?)  ?

I want to do a backup before installing any others distrib.

I hope the probleme didn't remove my datas... I hava no recent copy of my last 1 year !

Thanks

Edited by DieuxXi

I am experiencing the same issue - and as @Abhishek Dewan alsomentioned it is obviously NOT something that was messed up by the latest Update.
I am running Windows 10 21H2  and double checked on another machine, still with EnPass 6.8.3. 
The behaviour is the same - after having started and closed Enpass once, for every further try to start Enpass Windows tells 

"Enpass Password Manager is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001"

In the event log entries with the Event-ID 203 are recorded for every attempt to launch Enpass (no matter if V6.8.3 or V6.8.4):

"0x803F8001: The process for the package SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_6.84.1166.0_x86__fwdy0m65qb6h2 cannot be created because an error occurred while preparing for activation. [LaunchProcess]"

I also tried to deinstall the App and install it again via the MS Store - which keeps - always during the process of "obtaining a license" (hope tha translation is accurate)- telling me "Something went wrong".

With this the Installation fails.

Overall this is of course extremely annoying but as @Abhishek Dewan mentioned it seems to be related to the MS Store.

While I am lucky enough to still have access to my password via my mobile I would also appreciate answers from the Enpass Team / @Abhishek Dewan  on the following questions:

a) when can we expect this to be resolved?
b) can we expect things to simply work again (given the app hasnt been removed or anything similar)?
c) if there is action required at the user side - can you please provide guidance?

Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

Hi Abhshek, 

The webversion does not work, not the same error as the 'Store version', just not syncing with Onedrive with a timeout error.

De portable version does work! (Downloads Enpass - Enpass at the end of the page.)

Edited by BlackhillOne

54 minutes ago, NNP said:

But this will delete my passwords as well?

No, your passwords are stored in vault files which are separate from the Enpass installation. You should make a note of your vault location in the Enpass settings before uninstalling, so you can specify it later when you install the website version. I think Enpass tries to find your vault on first start, but better safe than sorry.

4 minutes ago, vool said:

No, your passwords are stored in vault files which are separate from the Enpass installation. You should make a note of your vault location in the Enpass settings before uninstalling, so you can specify it later when you install the website version. I think Enpass tries to find your vault on first start, but better safe than sorry.

Where are files on Windows ?

The portable version said that :

image.png.68ff6e4be82b36890359457449c2c22d.png

Is it this folder ?  C:\Users\[myuser]\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_[some_id]\LocalState\Vaults\primary

Edited by DieuxXi

Same problem here.

The Webversion works. Carefully backup your data before uninstalling the Windows-Store Version. As mentioned in this post:

All data including the backups will be lost when you uninstall the Windows-Store Version, if you are using the default backup location.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DieuxXi said:

Where are files on Windows ?

That depends on which location you chose for your vault when you installed Enpass. They should be either somewhere in your documents folder, or whatever cloud file storage you use (e.g. OneDrive, Google Drive, etc). You could try searching for the file extensions *.enpassdbsync and *.enpassattach

Edited by vool

Same problem with the MS Store.
Then Problems deinstalling. Deinstalling in "Systems Settings" did not work But Abisheks method did work, phew!

1 hour ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

Afterwards I installed enpass from the website, restored my latest backup and am fine.
In the future, I shall avoid the MS Store If I can install software from somewhere else to avoid an unneccesary error source.

11 minutes ago, vool said:

That depends on which location you chose for your vault when you installed Enpass. Maybe you have them somewhere in your documents folder or in the cloud? You could try searching for the file extensions *.enpassdbsync and *.enpassattach

Thanks for the reply. I have no sync with a cloud, i'm full local.

But Step confirmed the folder location

14 minutes ago, Step said:

Same problem here.

The Webversion works. Carefully backup your data before uninstalling the Windows-Store Version. As mentioned in this post:

All data including the backups will be lost when you uninstall the Windows-Store Version, if you are using the default backup location.

So I backuped all this folder:

image.png.c560b76a66c771318822d5c0e0510956.png

In \LocalState\Backups there are many files "*items-auto.enpassbackup"

In \LocalState\Vaults\primary there are "vault.enpassdb" and "vault.json"

With this I didn't understand how to use those files with the webversion or portable version.

Edited by DieuxXi

• PepeCZ changed the title to Enpass stop works, error 0x803F8001
  • Moderator changed the title to 0x803F8001:"Enpass Password Manager is currently not available in your account"
  • Moderator locked this topic