Enpass Discussion Forum

0x803F8001:"Enpass Password Manager is currently not available in your account"

FuN_KeY

Just my experience: (Win11 22H2)

• Deinstallation of Store-Version works.
  • Local Data from:
    C:\Users\[myuser]\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_ [some_id]\LocalState\Vaults\primary
    disappeared. Just mentioned, no problem for me. I think it's better to start from scratch without any Store-Traces!?
  • Installed the Website-Version and recovered the Vauls from my private Cloud.
  • Set all settings again.

In the future I will avoid installing Apps from the Store.

Hint: Check your automatic backup settings ! ;-)

I don't know why, but it i can start it again without the error message.

BUT: All OTPs are now wrong !!!!

I tried login different sites but unsuccessfully. I compared the OTPs from the Windows app and Android app. They are different. On windows they are wrong and on Android still correct. The URL is the same, no differences.

UPDATE: Now i got 0x803f8001 again. Before that i figured out the reason of the wrong OTPs. After the Windows update the time was suddenly wrong! The time was back to daylight saving time.

Edited by Thomas St.

Oh jeez EnPass, this is a complete hot mess you've put your customers in.

How about some more input into the thread about what you are doing about it.

I can see you losing a lot of loyal customers over this.....

If it's Microsoft's fault, then call them out, but tell us why at least, otherwise you are going to cop the blame for all of this.

I literally recommended you to a colleague yesterday who purchased a lifetime sub this morning and he is going mad because of all this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DieuxXi said:

In \LocalState\Backups there are many files "*items-auto.enpassbackup"

In \LocalState\Vaults\primary there are "vault.enpassdb" and "vault.json"

With this I didn't understand how to use those files with the webversion or portable version.

Can someone explain how to use those files with a fresh installation ?

I just updated my Windows 10 and I keep having the problem.

Thanks in advance

58 minutes ago, Thomas St. said:

I don't know why, but it i can start it again without the error message.

BUT: All OTPs are now wrong !!!!

I tried login different sites but unsuccessfully. I compared the OTPs from the Windows app and Android app. They are different. On windows they are wrong and on Android still correct. The URL is the same, no differences.

UPDATE: Now i got 0x803f8001 again!

Here is a workaround for the situation may be useful whoever is needed

1. Take a backup from your mobile to local as well to the cloud (as a precaution)
  2. Un instal the present installation form 'Microsoft store' (if you do not uninstall then this will go in loop after allowing to access for our file location or may take long time)
  3. Now download website software version direct link is here: "https://dl.enpass.io/stable/windows/setup/6.8.4.1167/Enpass-setup.exe"
  4. Install the downloaded enpass software
  5. Proceed for the authentication
  6. Once authenticated we are done

This worked for me and able to use as of now.

I am not sure of the cases where you do not have a file stored at cloud location for synchronising between the devices.

Edited by MK M

19 minutes ago, DieuxXi said:

Can someone explain how to use those files with a fresh installation ?

I just updated my Windows 10 and I keep having the problem.

Thanks in advance

Can't be sure - I use my own cloud storage as a vault, but I think you can point to the backups when you are adding new vault after you choose a name for it a then select "Backup File" from "From this PC" section - I guess..

Oh my god, the support from this developer is terrible.. I've joined the "poor rating" club for this application.. It's time to move to another solution..

• Like 1

Thanks BarrBarr.

I did that

- backup/zip of "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_[someid]"

- Install Webversion : "https://dl.enpass.io/stable/windows/setup/6.8.4.1167/Enpass-setup.exe"

- Register the mail,  then choose PC location

image.thumb.png.2519fb8970c06ae9a46cb11146de55ea.png

image.png.33fd662179f5297196f0e94716582f7c.png

- Select last ".enpassbackup" file  from : C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_[someid]\LocalState\Backups

- Validate restoring with password.

- Result OK : now I have access my datas ! (but I don't know if really this was my last backup...)

Edited by DieuxXi

I using Enpass many years, I bought two times lifetime version. When was Enpass fresh application, and after few years when Enpass released Premium Version.

My laptop with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 today updated Enpass application via Microsoft Stores, and now when I click on icon Enpass, so Windows show me blue notification window with Error 0x803F8001

Can someone help me and say, how to fix this. Thank you.

Edited by PepeCZ

• PepeCZ changed the title to Enpass stop works, error 0x803F8001
30 minutes ago, DieuxXi said:

Thanks BarrBarr.

I did that

- backup/zip of "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_[someid]"

- Install Webversion : "https://dl.enpass.io/stable/windows/setup/6.8.4.1167/Enpass-setup.exe"

- Register the mail,  then choose PC location

image.thumb.png.2519fb8970c06ae9a46cb11146de55ea.png

image.png.33fd662179f5297196f0e94716582f7c.png

- Select last ".enpassbackup" file  from : C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_[someid]\LocalState\Backups

- Validate restoring with password.

- Result OK : now I have access my datas ! (but I don't know if really this was my last backup...)

I hope (I would assume) it took the last backup - only thing I can think of is to verify by the last changes to the valut - show all items and then sort by the "Created time" or "Modified Time" and compare to your memories which changes you did..

So the re-activation by mail works now? in the morning when was trying to activate it for myself it didn't send the code back, it took an hour before it started to spam my mailbox with codes - by that time I was so p*ssed that I deleted them i think to myself that enpass should stick the pro functionality to their a*s

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxXx said:

I have the same problem, unfortunately I can't install the desktop version on my device, so I will have to migrate my data from the Android app to somewhere else to work. ¬¬

use the portable version - I didn' mess with my installed version (from the store) - just download it and run it - hoping that some time it will start working again (to be able comfortably migrate..)

Does anybody have recommendations ? of course looking for something reliable.. with option to store valuts to cloud of your choise - not to some provider.

• Like 2

I used the portable version and thanks to the comments above I figured out how to find my local backup
(C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_SomeCode\LocalState\Backups)

However, a step-by-step instruction of how to reach your passwords for the different cases (with sync, local only, etc.) should have been given by the developer. Mistakes happen, yep this is a pretty big one, but if the developer gave an official temporary solution, I would have continued using Enpass. This silence is making me think that I can't count on the developers and if this happens again I'm at the mercy of the community sharing their workarounds.

53 minutes ago, BarrBarr said:

Does anybody have recommendations ?

Recommendation yet - no.

I think I'll take a closer look at Keepass now. All the other programs I have found have a subscription model and that is a no-go for me in such a case.

Edited by Tobi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BarrBarr said:

I hope (I would assume) it took the last backup - only thing I can think of is to verify by the last changes to the valut - show all items and then sort by the "Created time" or "Modified Time" and compare to your memories which changes you did..

So the re-activation by mail works now? in the morning when was trying to activate it for myself it didn't send the code back, it took an hour before it started to spam my mailbox with codes - by that time I was so p*ssed that I deleted them i think to myself that enpass should stick the pro functionality to their a*s

Yup, i did the reactivation two times (one for test).

By the way, I use Keepass in my work. It's less userfriendly but in fact, it is highly recommanded by my company cause it was verified and approved by ANSSI in France. 

"Keepass, dont la sécurité a été évaluée par l’Agence nationale de sécurité des systèmes d’information (ANSSI),"

• Like 1