Enpass Discussion Forum

Activation no internet connection

EricE

Tried the windows store app and windows installer.

Now when I try to register with an existing account I get no internet connection right away.

The problem started when enpass crashed and I had to reinstall to get it working again.

The sync with google drive works, only the activation is not working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @EricE

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the below steps - 

1. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus/VPN settings. Also, if you are using any such services, try disabling them to check if the issue persists.
  2. Create a manual backup of your data and then reinstall the app. If the issue persists, please share the below details with me, and I'll have this further investigated for you.

If the above steps do not help, please share the below details with me and I'll get it checked for you -

1. The version of the OS you are using.
  2. The name of any Firewall/VPN/Antivirus programs you are using.
  3. A screenshot of the error occurring would be helpful.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem. It starts with a vault sync error, I decided to reinstall the app and now I can't activate it with the error "No internet connection". Of course I have an internet connection, I tried turning off the firewall but it doesn't help. 

enp_err.png

I think this is the reason of fist issue with vault sync error...

Details:

OS: Windows 11 Pro (22H2) Build 22621.2283 [Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0]

Antivirus and firewall: default windows defender and default windows firewall

VPN: Installed outline, but not connected to the server (if connected it dows not work too)

Edited by SnowyLessy

Today I tried to use an https proxy, it has no effect.

I did some research, installed Wireshark and tried to catch some requests. Of course, without MITM I can't read the packets, but I can check if the application is trying to send them. And yes, it happened! Moreover, he gets some answers. At the same time, I checked the main problems with SSL; the browser opened the activation URL correctly, without errors.

I think the error is somewhere near (or inside) the "no_internet_connection" exception, something like: "i got wrong answer from server / i can't read it / or something well throw exception" and the closest exception is "no_internet_connection"

enp_1.jpg

enp_2.jpg

enp_3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I found how to enable logging system, and there is:

Info: 1705736847 [HTTPS]  CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR try again 
Info: 1705736847 [HTTPS]  ****Unable to verify server certificate ***** 
Info: 1705736847 [Enpass::HttpClient::performQuery]  License server API Response ::    URL :  https://license.enpass.io/api/v1/user/signin/
Info: 1705736847 [Enpass::HttpClient::performQuery]  License server API Response ::    Status code :  35
Info: 1705736847 [Enpass::HttpClient::performQuery]  Response Body :  SSL connect error

p.s. For other users: Settings -> Advanced -> Logs -> "Enable" checkbox