Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass fills the wrong password

Mutzki

I use Enpass on my Macs (macOS 13.0) and iPads/iPhone (iOS/iPadOS 16). I added a new entry with 2FA for a webpage on my Mac and autofill and the login itself works just fine. The entry is correctly synced via iCloud to my iPad and shows up just fine,  the login-name, password and 2FA-code are correct, but when I use autofill for this entry on the webpage, the password is wrong. What's happening here?

Edited by Mutzki

Hi @Mutzki

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup of your Enpass data on the device with the most recent data and then follow the below steps -

1. Double check and ensure that the password is same and you are synchronized with the same cloud account on all your devices.

2. Remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to ' Delete data from iCloud'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again first on the device with the most recent data and then on all your other devices.

3. Reinstall the Enpass app on the device on which you are facing this concern and then restore your data from the iCloud account.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Hi @Mutzki

Thank you for trying the steps I shared with you and our team is looking in this concern. Could you please also confirm -

1. Did you check that the password is the same on your Mac and iOS devices for the mentioned webpage? 
  2. The version of the browser you are using on all your devices.
  3. Is the Enpass app autofilling the wrong password on the webpage or not autofilling, due to which the error occurs?
  4. Take note of your credentials for this website, and then remove the Item you have saved in your Enpass app for this web page. After that, on the login page of this same website, enter your credentials, save the Item again in your Enpass app and try autofilling.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

1.) If I show the password in Enpass on each of the devices, it is stored correctly.
2. ) I checked with the latest Safari and Firefox on both iOS, iPadPOS and macOS.
3.) Enpass is autofilling the username and password from the correct entry.
4.) I did that at least five times and it changes nothing.

Hi @Mutzki

Thank you for sharing the details.

We are looking into the reported concern. In the meantime, since you mentioned that you are facing this issue on the firefox browser only, please check that you have the latest version of the browser installed on your devices and try reinstalling the browser. Also, kindly share the version of the Enpass app and OS on your iOS/iPad OS devices along with the firefox browser version. 

Hi @Mutzki

Our testing team was able to reproduce the bug on our end, due to which this issue is occurring, and our development team is now working on fixing it. A patch addressing this issue will be released, which will address this issue in future Enpass versions. We appreciate your support and cooperation in the meantime.