Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6.8.5 (677) - communication with OS seems to be broken

dimidrol

Hi guys,

i am using enpass 6.8.5 on iOS 16.0 (20A362) on iPhone 13. Everything worked fine until maybe 12th of november - i didn't install any system updates, but app autoupdate feature is activated, so maybe enpass got updated.

Anyways - autofill feature is broken. Enpass recognizes that there are entries in the vault:

A06B6B30-4DB0-4C02-8EB7-00B8EDC5B70B_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.657acc395f9a3a379511ea8b74b991db.jpeg

But as soon as i choose an entry, the screen turns grey-ish (because face id should be activated) - but nothing happens. If i change app and come back to safari there are entry suggestions there again - but it doesn't work. 

I have tried using PIN instead of Face ID - same result, on every website.

If i choose the key symbol and choose "Enpass" so enpass would be opened - there is an enpass overlay with a message stating, that "no information could be received from the enpass app":

500E3FCC-AB03-4F8F-93C8-7D85C159AA95_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.2b379127f9c842b3d3720160a6d24c47.jpeg 

Same blue overlay appears if i revoke and allow again, that enpass is allowed to autofill passwords in iOS settings.

Please advice - and i hope for a better solution than "re-install app"

Kind regards
Dimitri

Hi @dimidrol @JPK

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the below steps -

1. Kindly ensure that in System settings, you have enabled Autofill for Enpass.
    Pathway: Settings → Passwords → Password Options → Enable Autofill Passwords and select Enpass from the list of Applications.

2. Create a manual backup/set up synchronization for your Enpass data and then reinstall the app.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Hi @dimidrol @JPK

Your disappointment in this matter is certainly understandable. However, reinstalling the app fixes any misconfiguration and resets the settings to default which may fix the concern. I have also alerted our team regarding this concern and will get back to you soon with an update. Thank you for your patience in the interim.

#SI-3101

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @dimidrol, @Earos

I forwarded this concern to our dedicated team, and they were able to replicate this issue on their end. Our development team is now working to fix it, and soon a patch addressing this issue will be released. We appreciate your support in the meantime and apologize for any inconvenience caused in this case.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am struggling with this issue now for months already. 2 weeks ago I really started the process of reinstalling which included setting up sync for 5 vaults on two devices. This fixed it fit for one week, but then it reappeared. Guys you really need to fix this ASAP. This is killing your product for the affected people. How can you not fix this with over 20 days from replicating the issue? Do you have a fix ready now?

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was in contact with customer support and received a personal build of Enpass. Every single version had the same bug. Now I didn‘t even receive an answer anymore for 11 days, even though I offered to do a synchronous call with their devs. Even in the iOS app store random people have the same problem, meanwhile it feels like there is no pressure behind the analysis. This is a sign of bad software development and the mean time to repair is unacceptable high in this age of computer engineering. Get some knowledge about the client side‘s code execution so you can finally start an analysis instead of guessing about possible bugs!

Edited by Noujin

On 12/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Hunter @Noujin

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter. After a thorough discussion with our dedicated development team, they have informed me that this issue will be fixed in our upcoming Enpass iOS update. Till then, we appreciate your kind patience and cooperation.

Radio silence on this issue for a month now! When can your customers expect a long overdue fix?
Last software update was more than 2 months ago in any case. I hope you still have a development team?

• 3 weeks later...

I can't use autofill since November, and it's almost March now. I've reinstalled maybe 3 or 4 times but I've given up on that, since it's obvious that the problem will keep reappearing (at the very least) until there's a software update of Enpass on iOS. At the same time it seems Enpass isn't even bothering trying to replicate the issue. No one's been asked about which software versions, devices, cloud services... they use. Apart from the obligatory but shallow apologies, we simply haven't heard back. In months.

I've been a happy Enpasser since 2016, but I may very well be done with it now and move on. Bitwarden seems appealing.

• Thanks 1