Enpass Discussion Forum

autofill fails to recognize proper autofill fields

In the first image you see enpass trying to suggest a user name on mumble.disroot.org but I do not have any save logins for that so there is no reason for it to popup. This is annoying.

In the second picture you see Enpass trying to suggest logins for the "writter by" search box on macrumors.com . its not a login input. Also there is no saved logins for there (of course!) still pops up. very annoying.

Enpass needs real work on autofill . Bitwarden is way better in this aspect, it even lets you add custom fields you can find by looking at the website element inspector!!

I also think the toolbar at the bottom should be navigatable by arrow keys , it seems now you have to use the mouse

MacOS 12.6.1 , Safari latest

97677441_ScreenShot2022-11-15at8_43_46AM.jpg.e90eb42b2f2a38082374fe8ea47356b6.jpg893580952_ScreenShot2022-11-15at6_13_46AM.jpg.1c35763216f8610299e16ecd461746b3.jpg

Edited by flyingbirds

Hi @flyingbirds

In the first image, Enpass lets the user know that there is no matching Item saved in the Enpass app. Moreover, the user can also bring up the Enpass assistant by clicking on the arrow below in case the user wishes to use any other Item's login credentials (please refer to the attached image below) - 
image.png.f02fb4d1c3c6bba9327149e7971a2a33.png

As for the second image where the popup is appearing on non login input, could you please share the version of the Enpass app and Safari browser you are using? Also, are you facing this concern on just the macrumors.com webpage or any others as well?

On 11/15/2022 at 1:59 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @flyingbirds

In the first image, Enpass lets the user know that there is no matching Item saved in the Enpass app. Moreover, the user can also bring up the Enpass assistant by clicking on the arrow below in case the user wishes to use any other Item's login credentials (please refer to the attached image below) - 
image.png.f02fb4d1c3c6bba9327149e7971a2a33.png

As for the second image where the popup is appearing on non login input, could you please share the version of the Enpass app and Safari browser you are using? Also, are you facing this concern on just the macrumors.com webpage or any others as well?

Well its pointless because the arrow should be the symbol for the assistant tool and i can not navigate to it using the keyboard keys so its actually easier to use the shortcut which is command+alt+\ .

image.thumb.jpeg.befb798be3d2457e12801b3cc7e2f2cd.jpegAnd yes, there are many sites that I stumble upon that have an issue of which I recall a problem I reported on months ago here where enpass suggests credit cards in the DNS entry field of Netgear admin page

Safari 16.1 Enpass 6.8.4

Hi @flyingbirds

We are looking into the concern reported by you. For a thorough investigation of the reported concern, we require some additional information. Could you please share the HTML files of the reported websites (Netgear admin page and Macrumors) where you are facing this issue? That might help us look into the reason behind such behaviour from Inline Extension.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 1:53 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @flyingbirds

We are looking into the concern reported by you. For a thorough investigation of the reported concern, we require some additional information. Could you please share the HTML files of the reported websites (Netgear admin page and Macrumors) where you are facing this issue? That might help us look into the reason behind such behaviour from Inline Extension.

I am not sure what you mean by share HTML files. Do you mean? I have "save page as..." option in Brave Browser that saves files as HTML, Single file, and Complete.

False autofill strikes again. On Notesnook.com EnPass does not offer my stored emails but offers my identity , 2 of which does not even have an email address and there are other identities that it did not suggest. Not sure why it picked these 3 specifically. I choose 2 of them to see what happens in autofill (no email fields in them) nothing happened). One of my suggested autofill is my Stackry.com address which is a mail forward shipping service. It does not even have email address in it

image.thumb.jpeg.c1932af17b4f3cc790c935dbe5d49758.jpeg

Hi @flyingbirds

After clicking 'Save Page As', an HTML file and a folder of that webpage will be saved on your PC. Select both documents and compress them into a ZIP file. Then share that ZIP file with us, and we will get this issue further investigated. In case this forum does not support ZIP format, please share it with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 2:12 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @flyingbirds

After clicking 'Save Page As', an HTML file and a folder of that webpage will be saved on your PC. Select both documents and compress them into a ZIP file. Then share that ZIP file with us, and we will get this issue further investigated. In case this forum does not support ZIP format, please share it with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

I did

Hi @flyingbirds

We were able to reproduce the bug on our end, due to which you are facing this reported issue on the Macrumours page.

However, for the Netgear Admin page, the page was not accessible at our end from shared HTML as this looks like a Welcome page, and we expected a page of the admin panel where you are facing the issue. It’d be great if we get the HTML for the target page because that’ll help us best resolve the issue.