Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Not Syncing to Dropbox on Mac

Julianna

Hi there

I have Enpass installed on my Macbook and iPhone, but it won't sync to Dropbox on my Macbook. I can confirm this because I added a new password on my Macbook and it's not showing in my iPhone, even when I "sync now" from the overall application or the specific settings for Dropbox.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi @Julianna

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup of your Enpass data on the device with the most recent/correct data and then follow the below steps -

1. Remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from Dropbox'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices.
  2. Could you please check and confirm that the time setting is set to automatic on all the devices and there is no time difference? If they are not, kindly set it to automatic.

3. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists.

4. After creating a manual backup, try reinstalling the Enpass app on the affected device.

If the issue persists, kindly share the version of the Enpass app and OS on all the devices on which you are facing this concern along with a screenshot of the error which is occurring.

I have the same problem.  I have the latest version of Enpass on my MacBook, my iMac desktop and my iPhone.  iPhone and iMac synchronize but MacBook doesn't.  I use Dropbox for this purpose.  I added a password today on my iMac and no problem with the synchronization between the iPhone and the iMac, but nothing on the MacBook.

It looks like the difference is that I moved the MacBook up to Ventura, but not the iMac.  Everything was fine on the MacBook until I upgraded to Ventura, and I see other forum posts about issues with Ventura.

When I hit the "Sync Now" button, nothing happens, and same with control J.  It is as if the synchronize function has been removed from Enpass.

Any help would be appreciated.

Francis