Enpass Discussion Forum

Problems using enpass on my mac

Johnny78

Hi,

i use enpass on several devices (windows pc, iPhone, iPad ...) but i have problem on Mac Book Pro only.

Using the safari browser extension, enpass always crashes!!!

So I has to kill enpass and restart enpass each time.

This is frustrating... can someone help me?

Thanks a lot

Johnny78

• Like 1

Hi @Johnny78

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup/set up synchronization for your Enpass data and then reinstall the app. If the issue persists, please share the below details with me, and I’ll have this investigated for you-

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.

2. Have you downloaded the Enpass app from the MacAppStore or from our official website?

3. Is the app crashing for you after a certain step, ie, after editing an Item, creating a new Item, etc?

4. Is the Enpass app showing you a crash report after the crash? If yes, kindly share it with me.

Hi

I reinstalled several time the app using MacAppStore or downloading the app form the official website but problem still remains.

Now I'm using the app downloaded from MacAppStore  ver. 6.8.4 (1166) on macOS Ventura 13.0.1 

Often app crashes when i'm on safari and I try to use the autofill feature: safari enpass extension tries to launch enpass desktop app but the desktop app is already running and i get an error message on the safari. After I try to click on enpass icon on top bar but enpass doesn't response, so I go to Activity Monitor and I see that enpass desktop app gets stuck and then I kill the app. This behaviour always happens.

I saw no crash report where I can find this report?

Attached a couple of screenshots taken few seconds ago :-( 

Many thanks

Regards

Johnny78 

Screenshot 2022-11-25 alle 12.37.39.png1964466250_Screenshot2022-11-25alle12_39_08.png.3ec4fc8590667dcb19deb0d1ddb17bba.png

Edited by Johnny78

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Possible solution as I posted here:

#####################################################################
>> CONFIRMED WORK AROUND:
DISABLE: "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu" Setting in Enpass Browser Extension Settings:
chrome-extension://kmcfomidfpdkfieipokbalgegidffkal/pages/settings/option.html

####################################################################