Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync Error nightmare

tatami

I have Enpass running on my Mac Studio. This is my main copy and I have set it up as my Wi-Fi Sync Server.

I have a single vault and this syncs without a problem with Enpass on my iPad and iPhone.

When I try to sync it with Enpass on my MacBook Pro, I get a Sync Error message: "Couldn't connect to WiFi Sync Server. Make sure that server is running and you are connected to same network."

I've turned off the firewalls on both Macs. I've restarted both Macs. I've restarted my wireless network. I've stopped and started Wi-Fi Sync on the Mac Studio. I'm so frustrated. What can I do to sort this?

By way of background, both Macs are running macOS 13.0.1 and Enpass 6.8.4.

Hi @tatami

For troubleshooting purposes, please review the below settings and follow the steps -

1. I would suggest you disconnect the Wifi-Sync server from all the connected devices and set it up manually by following the steps in the link - https://www.enpass.io/wifi-sync-manual-setup/.
  2. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Antivirus/Firewall/VPN settings.
  3. Refer to this highly useful troubleshooting guide in case you get the same error after creating a manual Wifi-sync server -https://www.enpass.io/troubleshooting-wifi-sync/

If the issue persists, kindly share the below details with me and I'll have this further investigated for you -

1. The screenshot of the error occurring.
  2. Any Antivirus/VPN services you are using.

Thank you for responding to my plea for help, Abhishek. I've finally mananged to get the syncing on my MacBook working.

I disconnected the WiFi-Sync server on my Mac Studio as you suggested. The problem I then had was that even after restarting my MacBook, when I opened Enpass it was stuck in an endless trying-to-sync loop, ie the Synchronising wheel goes round and round and round endlessly and there's no obvious way of terminating the process.

Then I noticed out of the corner of my eye that for just a few seconds and once only a Disconnect button appeared. So I had to quit Enpass again, then watch like a hawk for a few minutes until that button reappeared. I clicked it and reset the sync. Now all is well.

I do think it would be a good idea to change the app's behaviour in the event of a failed sync in order to avoid this hassle. Anyway, I appreciate your help here.