Enpass Discussion Forum

How to keep Enpass in background to avoid entering in master password?

spinedoc777

I'm running Enpass Pro for Windows and am running into an issue where I keep having to enter in my master password, I believe it started happening recently so maybe it's an issue with one of the Windows updates. I'm on Win 10 Pro 22H2.  Normally I'd only open Enpass once, and after closing it, reopening it would only require my PIN unless I rebooted the PC.  But lately it seems like Enpass is requiring the master password even without a reboot, almost every time I open the program. I've ensured I haven't changed any settings and PIN access is still enabled.  I have minimize to system tray and open automatically at system startup enabled.

My master password is quite long and complex and it's a pain to enter it every time. This is on my home PC and I'm willing to take the risk of using a PIN.

• Like 2

Hi @spinedoc777

For troubleshooting purposes, please review the below settings and try the troubleshooting steps -

1. Check that PIN is enabled and set up in your Enpass app Settings -> Security -> Quick Unlock. If the setting is already enabled, try disabling and enabling it again.
  2. For accessing the app through PIN, Enpass needs to be running in the background. Please check for any apps which maybe interfering by removing the Enpass app from the background.
  3. Create a manual backup for your Enpass data and then reinstall the app.

If none of the above steps help, please share the below details with me and I'll have this further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app you are using.
  2. Have you downloaded the Enpass app from the Microsoft Store or from our official website?
  3. Check and observe if the Enpass app is running in the background before it asks for the master password.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:05 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @spinedoc777

For troubleshooting purposes, please review the below settings and try the troubleshooting steps -

1. Check that PIN is enabled and set up in your Enpass app Settings -> Security -> Quick Unlock. If the setting is already enabled, try disabling and enabling it again.
  2. For accessing the app through PIN, Enpass needs to be running in the background. Please check for any apps which maybe interfering by removing the Enpass app from the background.

If none of the above steps help, please share the below details with me and I'll have this further investigated for you -

2. Have you downloaded the Enpass app from the Microsoft Store or from our official website?
  3. Check and observe if the Enpass app is running in the background before it asks for the master password.

Thanks, uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have fixed it, it seems something was kicking Enpass from background.  Of note, there is an issue if you re install with a different version.  I originally had the windows store version, after uninstalling I installed the one from Enpass' website but it looked for a backup in a different location than the backup from the windows store one.  I was also unable to sign in to activate my account, hitting that button and nothing would happen. I wasn't able to sync to OneDrive, it just sat there forever trying to sync.  So I uninstalled the Enpass' website one and reinstalled the Windows store one and that fixed everything.

On 1/2/2023 at 4:35 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @spinedoc777

If none of the above steps help, please share the below details with me and I'll have this further investigated for you - MyAccountAccess is the Credit Card Account service portal from Elan Financial Services for its Credit Card Members.

Thanks, uninstalling and reinstalling seems to have fixed it, it seems something was kicking Enpass from background.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enpass requires the master password in the following scenarios even if the PIN is enabled: 1. when the app is closed manually. 2. device is rebooted. 3.when too many apps are active in the device background (in this case, OS automatically kills some apps to claim memory)
Also, you can use the Fingerprint/Bio-metrics from the Enpass Security settings to avoid using Enpass master password altogether.

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2023 at 12:43 AM, Jameswalter said:

Also, you can use the Fingerprint/Bio-metrics from the Enpass Security settings to avoid using Enpass master password altogether.

Can you relate where in the Windows app I can find this setting?  Entering in the master password is a huge pain, especially since Enpass likes to crash on Windows frequently, sometimes multiple times in a row!  I have mine set to use PIN, but it still asks for the master password after a crash. From what Enpass is saying that's expected behavior, but if you are saying it can be bypassed I would highly prefer that.

Edited by spinedoc777

• 1 month later...

Enpass requires the master password in the following scenarios even if the PIN is enabled. 1. when the app is closed manually. 2. device is rebooted. 3.when too many apps are active in the device background (in this case, OS automatically kills some apps to claim memory)

By the way it is beeter to use apps from technifiser.

Edited by Pepyaka