Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass cannot sync with Dropbox storage (only at one device)

bombek

Hello.

I use Enpass on 4 devices.

1. Windows #1

2. Windows #2

3. Windows #3

4. iPhone

All of the devices are working properly except for one Windows device. All of them have 322 entries but the one which has 318.

Retro steps:

- Click on Enpass icon (next to search form)

- Click "Sync now"

- Nothing happens, there is not even the animation of syncing. All other devices are OK.

The same when I want to discconect from device. Nothing happens.

Hi @bombek

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

On the devices on which you are facing this concern, please try the below steps -

1. Take a backup of the Enpass Data on your device from Enpass Settings → Vaults → Select the Vault → Backup.

2. Uninstall the Enpass app from Enpass Settings → Advanced → Erase everything.

3. Reinstall the app and restore using the backup file.

4. Sync the Vault with the Dropbox Account.

Let me know if the issue persists.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @bombek

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

On the devices on which you are facing this concern, please try the below steps -

1. Take a backup of the Enpass Data on your device from Enpass Settings → Vaults → Select the Vault → Backup.

2. Uninstall the Enpass app from Enpass Settings → Advanced → Erase everything.

3. Reinstall the app and restore using the backup file.

4. Sync the Vault with the Dropbox Account.

Let me know if the issue persists.

It worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

All the best in 2023.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I am having this problem on my new linux system. I am installing enpass version 6.9.0.1467 from flatpak. I have enpass installed on mutiple windows, android, and linux systems but having issues with new system. I have tried the following all with no sucess.

1. just trying to connect to an existing vault (fails for vautls on dropbox and onedrive)

2. restoring from a backup then trying to connect (fails for vaults on both dropbox and onedrive)

3.I tried the suggestion above and and deleted enpass and ~/Documents/Enpass and reinstalled same issue

4. I even tried to resolve by completly reloading the system from ISO same issue.

A month or so ago I was experimenting with another linux distor and had similar issue with connecting to dropbox/onedrive but I was able to restore from a backup and then connect but that didn't work this time.

Any help woud be greatly appriciated as I need to get my new laptop set up and usable.

System:
  Kernel: 6.5.5-zen1-1-zen arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 13.2.1
  Desktop: KDE Plasma v: 5.27.8 tk: Qt v: 5.15.10 wm: kwin_wayland dm: SDDM
    Distro: Garuda Linux base: Arch Linux
Machine:
  Type: Laptop System: ASUSTeK product: ROG Strix G614JV_G614JV v: 1.0
  Mobo: ASUSTeK model: G614JV v: 1.0 serial: <filter> UEFI: American

I have tried with edge firefox and brave browser same results

image.thumb.png.14d78265942db5574f854c892fbf39b5.png

Hi @dabrown

Thank you for sharing the details with me.

I've escalated this concern to our specialized team, and they are actively addressing the issue on your behalf. Once I gather additional information regarding this issue, I will promptly provide an update on this forum. Your patience until that time is greatly appreciated.

#SI-3500

• 1 month later...

Hi @dabrown

Upon a thorough discussion and investigation, we were able to reproduce the bug. Our development team is now working on fixing it as a priority, and a patch addressing this issue will be released soon. We appreciate your kind patience and cooperation in the interim.

In the meantime, as a workaround, copy the link in the browser and then open the app after getting the ‘Authorization Finished’ page on the browser. Let me know if the workaround helps.

• 1 month later...

i am having this same issue using windows store enpass, with error code 215993

i have done a backup, uninstalled enpass, reinstalled, restored from backup, then  connect vault to dropbox, and still get the same error.  i have also tried a fresh install, restoring from Dropbox, then allowing Enpass to access dropbox -- Enpass then says error restoring vault from dropbox.

i haven't seen this error in a while, im not sure why it has popped up, it may be due to the latest update? not sure, but any other solutions to fixing it?