Enpass Discussion Forum

Very slow WebDay synchronization on Magenta Cloud (German Telekom, based on nextcloud)

eddy67

Hello,

in preparation for the Telekom fiber connection, I need to move my 1and1 cloud to Magenta Cloud. One of the most important points here is to move my Enpass password manager, which accesses the vaults via WebDav and runs on all my devices (2x Windows 10, 1x Windows 11, iPad Air4, iPhone 11 and Samsung A52). At 1und1, the synchronization of a vault (< 3MB) in the WLAN usually takes less than a second without changes or about 6s when changes are to be synchronized (DSL 100/40 MBit, comparative measurement on an old HP notebook under Windows 10). On a current Windows 11 computer in the LAN of the same network (DSL 100/40 MBit) I now have synchronization runtimes of 27 seconds and 84 seconds respectively (same vault, same Enpass version only WebDav from Magenta-Cloud - before the changeover better performance than the Windows 10 notebook).
The same behavior can now be observed after changing the Webdav URL - only with even longer runtimes - on my iPad Air 4 and iPhone 11, each with the latest iOS 16 version and the same Enpass version.

The measurements are reproducible.

Is this slow synchronization a Magenta Cloud specific nextcloud problem or is it a general problem of the webdav implementation of nextcloud (i.e. it is not worth looking for another nextcloud provider)?

Hi @eddy67

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

I will gladly look into this concern for you. Please share the below details with me -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using on all your devices.
  2. The total number of Items, Vaults and attachments you have saved in your Enpass app.
  3. Kindly create a Demo account and DM me its URL, username and password. This will help us immensely in getting to the root of this issue.