Enpass Discussion Forum

Null Enpass Backup File (Critical)

Brian185

There appears to be a critical error in the latest release of Enpass (758). Backup files stored to a local device are empty. The same data backed up using Version 734 is okay.  I enclose a screenshot from the file manager.

Recorded on a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0

IMG-20230116-WA0003.jpg

Many thanks for that Samuela. You're absolutely right.Putting aside the pain of working with lock on leave activated, the backup is only done when you log back into Enpass. Why has it changed? It's  rediculous to do the backup when you log back in. If you don't log back in, the backup won't be done. Enpass should check for a null file and output a warning. People's data is at risk.

Many thanks.

Sadly, the development team is developing an unfortunate habit of introducing bugs when they issue an update. The failure of tag sorting, flagged earlier, has still not been resolved. This issue is much more serious as it resulted in backup files which were unrecoverable. A test for null backup files and a warning to the user should be a top priority.

• 1 month later...

Hi Abhishek,
Thanks for the update. I am relieved and delighted that the null backup file problem for users who switch off 'lock on leave' has now been resolved.
Sadly for me, the emphasis on 'lock on leave' and biometric validation with the abandonment of 'lock now' and the still unresolved issue of tag sorting is not compensated by the enhancements to the app. For now at least, I will continue to use the app, but an older version (6.7.1.572) with auto updates switched off and without an Enpass Premium subscription. I will keep the situation under review. Many thanks to you and others for your input and actioning the update.