Enpass Discussion Forum

Please Add Support for Changing the Default New Credential Template

MrElectrifyer

Hi all,

Been using Enpass for the past several years now, and I've even introduced it to my organization as a better means for managing shared credentials via Teams. One thing I like about it is that it allows the creation of Custom Templates for the creation of new credentials in various pre-defined/custom categories, one of which I've showcased below:

image.thumb.png.18770f20fa449d8e331750d2f171634f.png

However this feature tends to get overlooked/forgotten, as those templates are not available for the automatic creation of new credential entries from website; only the Login category "Default" template is used for those new logins, which tends to defeat the use of those custom templates. That "Default" template is lacks entries that I tend to keep track of as a standard for any new accoutns, and isn't organized the way I like, hence why I created the "Modern Default" template as pictured above.

Please could you provide an option in the Enpass vault settings to set a different template as the default for new credentials added to that vault? This way, the pre-defined/custom template can also be saved to the vault file, making it readily-available wherever the vault is synced to, especially handy for various teams in organizations. Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...