Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Chrome extension interferes with fields/dropdowns on websites.

Jehaan

Hi,

since the update of the Enpass Chrome extension to 6.8.2 on Windows 10 Pro, it is interfering with fields like text fields and dropdowns on other websites.

Depending on the field, I can't go to another field or can't open a dropdown to show the content and make a selection, the cursor also tends to jump to a totally different field way further down on the page when using TAB, etc.
All of this works normally when the Enpass extension is disabled. I have other extensions active but those have no effect on the behaviour, the problems also clearly started right after the update to 6.8.2.

This has happened before on an earlier update and went away with the update that followed (I can't recall which update it was).

The website where I have the problem is typically SAP CPQ (cloud application from SAP). I now have to disable the extension when using SAP CPQ and reactivate it again when I perform a login.

Are any known fixes available? Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
Thanks.

Hi @Jehaan

Welcome to the Enpass Forums

Kindly check and confirm that you have updated your Enpass app, OS and browser. If the issue persists, please share the below details -

1. The version of the Enpass app, and browser you are using.
  2. A screenshot of any error occurring and a short video showing this issue would be helpful.

Note - You can share the video with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

Same Problems here. The replacement of login-dialog within the new Chrome Extension got problems with regular forms and dropdowns. If I disable the Browser-Extention, the form works good again. I am on a german accounting platform by DATEV (Webapp).

It is not possible to enter dropdown-fields. Enter a regular form-field does not work well and sometimes keystrokes are missing. Jump to next field by tab-key works unreliable.

Browser: Chrome 109.0.5414.119
Enpass-Extension: 6.8.2
Enpass-Desktop: 6.8.4 (1167)

It would be helpful if we could exclude certain sites/addresses in the settings.

Edited by DanielW

Hi @DanielW

Thank you for sharing the details.

I'm discussing this case with our dedicated team and will get back to you soon with an update. In the meantime, try adding the websites on which this issue is occurring to the block list on the Enpass Extension Settings page. Here's how you can do it - 

1. On your browser, right click on Enpass Extension -> Options.
  2. On the Enpass Extension Settings page, scroll down to “ Inline Autofill Menu Blocklist“, copy the URL of the webpage where this issue is occurring and paste it in the “ Add URL “ field.

image.png.de520aa84950709a1c3f68d329e1bcf9.png

#SI-3269

On 2/3/2023 at 12:06 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Kindly check and confirm that you have updated your Enpass app, OS and browser. If the issue persists, please share the below details -

1. The version of the Enpass app, and browser you are using.
  2. A screenshot of any error occurring and a short video showing this issue would be helpful.

Note - You can share the video with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

Hi Abhishek,

thanks for the reply.

• The Enpass app is version 6.8.4 (1166).
  • The Enpass extension is version 6.8.2.
  • My browser is Google Chrome Version 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit).
  • I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2, OS build 19044.2486

I would post a video but since today I can't seem to reproduce the problem. Will further monitor today & tomorrow & report back.

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @DanielW

I'm discussing this case with our dedicated team and will get back to you soon with an update. In the meantime, try adding the websites on which this issue is occurring to the block list on the Enpass Extension Settings page. Here's how you can do it - 

2. On the Enpass Extension Settings page, scroll down to “ Inline Autofill Menu Blocklist“, copy the URL of the webpage where this issue is occurring and paste it in the “ Add URL “ field.

#SI-3269

Thanks for the quick feedback. I had already entered the domain there. Unfortunately that did not help.
Autofill is not displayed (with a few exceptions), but the fields are not accessible.

It feels like the extension is checking the fields and thus "blocking" them.

5 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @DanielW

#SI-3269

Thanks for the quick feedback. I had already entered the domain there. Unfortunately that did not help.
Autofill is not displayed (with a few exceptions), but the fields are not accessible.

It feels like the extension is checking the fields and thus "blocking" them.

I have tried the site with Safari. Everything runs fine and normal there. (Same Mac, Safari 16.3 with Enpass extension 6.8.4)

Edited by DanielW

3 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @DanielW @Jehaan

I would like to share that this issue has been reproduced by our backend team and they are working on its fix. The patch addressing this issue will be released in the future updates of Enpass. In the meantime your cooperation and support are highly appreciated.

Hi Abishek,

thank you, good news. 

I can add that @DanielW is describing the exact same symptoms I was experiencing in SAP CPQ.

On my end I was not able to reproduce it anymore, the problem has mysteriously disappeared a few days after the update of the Enpass extension. I haven't changed anything in the configuration, nor has our support team taken action. Good thing that the problem is gone, but unfortunately I don't know what fixed it.