Enpass Discussion Forum

Extension loses focus on app after unlocking

I have the following problem: 

1. Enpass is locked. 

2. I right-click on a password form in the browser to let it fill the password 

3. It shows the vault password prompt which i enter

4. The extension unlocks and briefly shows the entry for the current page, but after half a second "loses focus" and show all entries in the vault

5. Workaround: Hide the extension, and do the procedure again, so that it is opening unlocked, and only showing the entry for the page i want to have my password entered in. 

What can i do to prevent the behavior in step 4? 

Hi @ttk

To assist you better with this concern, please share the below details with me -

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, Enpass Extension and browser you are using.
  2. The URL of the webpages on which you are facing this concern.
  3. A screenshot of any error occurring or a short video showing this behavior would be helpful.

Note - You can share the recording with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

Hey, 

the software versions are the same as here: 

Regarding URLs: This happens regardless of which URL i am visiting. This has more to do with how long Enpass has been locked. Since this happens total randomly and not on every login attempt, i have a hard time recording it. I will try to keep an eye on my screen recorder and let it run just in case whenever i execute a login action. 

• 3 weeks later...

I could not reproduce it reliably. It seems that this occurs when Enpass stays locked for longer periods of time. I have captured one occurence, but apparently the screenrecorder wasnt able to capture the extension overlay as well, so now i'm trying to get a new recording with OBS Studio. 

• 7 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 7:57 PM, ajabhai21as said:

I had this problem also a few times, I never really tried to reproduce it tho but I think most of the time it happens for me in private browsing when I unlock the vault in a blank tab. save reels online

https://storiessaver.org/

It's interesting to hear that you've experienced a similar issue with the extension losing focus after unlocking. Your observation about it possibly happening during private browsing and when unlocking the vault in a blank tab could be valuable information. If you encounter this issue again and can reproduce it consistently, it might be worth reporting to the extension's developers or support team. They could use your insights to investigate and potentially address the problem.

• 1 month later...