Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass autostart opens terminal

Zoker

Hi Enpass Team,

First I want to say thank you: For the last couple of years, enpass crashed quite often on my notebook and since a few month it seems to be very stable. Thanks for that!

Now to my little issue:
When I activate autostart on windows start, every time enpass launches, it also launches a console window, that quickly after that closes. This by itself is no issue. But this also launches my Windows Terminal app, which after than stays open. As soon as I disable enpass autostart, this does not happen anymore. BTW this also happens when I don't auto start enpass but then manually open enpass. So it seems that this is an issue with enpass altogether and not the autostart function. It's very annoying that my windows terminal opens every time I restart windows.

Can you please look into that and maybe avoid the opening of the terminal window altogether? 

Information:

• Enpass 6.8.5 (1238)
  • Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (22623.1255)

Thanks!
Regards,

Florian

• 1 month later...

I've installed Enpass on different systems (Windows 10, Windows 11 and Mac OS). Only Windows 11 (22H2) I noticed a peculiar behaviour when starting the software: Before the actual Enpass screen appears a windows command window very briefly appears in the background. After that Enpass starts normally. 

I was able to record the background processes running for a fraction of a second (see attached image). 

Is this behaviour intentional and why does it happen only on Windows 11?

enpass_processes.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's been bugging me for months and I finally took the time to figure out which program was causing this.  It was enpass windows store app.  When I log on the command prompt flashes briefly.  Disabling it in the task managers startup apps tab disables my ability to input any key strokes into the windows 11 search bar.  How do I get it to stop flashing the prompt while still running at startup?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, elitesonny said:

Hi,

I'm curious what does Enpass do whenever I load the program it opens a command prompt with path. 

C:\Program Files\WindowsAP as shown on the screenshot below.  It does not seem to run any batch file or program file.

image.thumb.png.b20176b7dedef2076198fb7682c2c274.png

I was able to fix this by installing the non-microsoft store version of enpass.

• 5 months later...

Hello. I don't know if there's an open issue tracker for Enpass, so let's post here:

When Enpass Desktop autostarts at login, at least on Windows and Linux, it opens its main window and then hides it. Apparently, the window just disappear when it gain focus, what sometimes happens immediately (and then the window just flashes) but sometimes happens just after the window is clicked on. It has been this way for years now and in reality is just a minor annoyance. However, I never understood why it happens and it is the only well polished application for which I observe this strange behaviour.

Is this a bug or a feature? o.O

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2023 at 5:34 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Zoker

We were able to reproduce the bug on our end, due to which this issue is occurring, and a fix will be available for this concern in the future Enpass update. Kindly bear with us until then, and your cooperation in the meantime is appreciated.

Hi.

It is november now. 9 months of so many terminal apps open and have to manually close for no reason.
On top of that, for me, it opens the WSL Ubuntu.

I am on latest version and it is still not fixed. When can we expect a fix for this?