Enpass Discussion Forum

why are chrome and enpass no longer coexisting?

as a few days ago, I'm no longer able to autofill payment and addresses with chrome if enpass is enabled. I only want enpass to control my passwords not everything, how to I configuire it to go back, and I don't care what is recommended, can I get it to go back or do I need a new pw manager? 

Hi @Monica

To maintain the smooth functioning of the Enpass Extension and a seamless auto-filling experience, the “Payment Methods” in the Chrome browser is handled by Enpass Extension. As Enpass safely secures your passwords, login information, documents, payment methods etc, Google’s password manager will hinder the auto-filling process, which will impact the overall user experience with our application.

Moreover, Enpass extension controls the mentioned behavior when you have enabled “Set as default” from extension settings. Firstly you can fill payments from the Enpass extension by first adding them in Enpass. Secondly, if you want to fill through chrome saved payments and think Enpass is blocking it, you can disable “Set as Default”. However, we don’t recommend this workaround as if enabled, then the chrome popup and Enpass inline menu will get displayed where the chrome popup will always be on top of the inline menu.

I don't want to use enoass to autofill my payments or address only passwords. This issue I'm having is if enoass is not default it gets disabled and everytime I need to autofill a password I have to go to extensions to re-enable enoass. This was working fine until a few days ago. How can I get enpass to stay enabled for passwords only.