Enpass Discussion Forum

1password v7 import not working

Hello. I'm fully prepared to move to Enpass but am unable to import the 1pif folder or file.  I have 1password on both my MacOS and Windows machines and cannot import a 1pif folder or file in Enpass installs in either the Windows or MacOS environments. Windows is running v4.6 and MacOS is running v7.9.9.

On MacOS, it seems the 1pif file simply isn't exporting properly. The result is a file with no contents. So, I switched to Windows. On the Windows side, the 1pif file exports properly with contents but Enpass won't import it.

Please advise if there is any way through this. My password manager must absolutely be rock solid and reliable. Thanks!

Edited by jan321

Hi @jan321

Welcome to the Enpass Forums

For troubleshooting purposes, please try exporting your file from 1Password version 7 and then try importing your 1PIF file with the following option selected in “Unencrypted File formats of 1Password “ dropdown as shown in the attached screenshot-

1805846200_Screenshot2022-01-19at16_42_33.png.8a559138929c74eb4fb1cb557289d62d.png

If the issue persists, please share the exact version of the Enpass app, MacOS and a screenshot of the error which is occurring when you import v7 file of 1Password in Enpass.

Hello. I am using Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and 1password v7.9.9.

1password generates the 1pif file but it seems that the file has no content. I am unsure why this is the case. My version of 1password on the Mac is fully licensed and functional. Perhaps this is an issue iwth the older Catalina OS. Unfortunately, this particular machine is older and will not accept more recent versions of the Mac OS.

I've verified that this Mac computer with 1password v7 will successfully export a populated CSV file. Are there any reasons that this option should not be used?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello. I successfully imported all data using the CSV file. As best I can tell, this worked flawlessly and I am currently using Enpass. I have abandoned 1password after many, many years because they no longer support the stand-alone app and require a subscription model. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 10:01 PM, jan321 said:

Hello. I'm fully prepared to move to Enpass but am unable to import the 1pif folder or file.  I have 1password on both my MacOS and Windows machines and cannot import a 1pif folder or file in Enpass installs in either the Windows or MacOS environments. Windows is running v4.6 and MacOS is running v7.9.9.

On MacOS, it seems the 1pif file simply isn't exporting properly. The result is a file with no contents. So, I switched to Windows. On the Windows side, the 1pif file exports properly with contents but Enpass won't import it.

Please advise if there is any way through this. My password manager must absolutely be rock solid and reliable. Thanks!

To solve your problem of migrating from 1Password to Enpass, you can find out more details and specific instructions on the Modtodays website. They can provide detailed instructions and help you successfully import data from 1Password into Enpass. Wishing you success in converting and managing passwords securely!

I have a website I want to introduce to you, which is Modtodays.
Modtodays is a fun and diverse online platform for video game players. It offers a wide range of documents, resources, and information related to the gaming world, including mod versions, modpacks, and more. Modtodays users can find and download the latest versions of mods for their favorite games, as well as share and discuss their experiences with the community