Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass needs Single Item Export to .csv or .json Please

MikDev

Hi Enpass Guys

Enpass is a great Product and having our DataVault local is the number one selling point for us and our 500 clients ;-)

...that said, the number one feature request we get is to be able to use the Enpass Menu/File/Export feature on just one Item/Record instead of only the whole Vault containing ALL passwords.

So many times you've got to be able to export one single or just 2-3 items for someone & this would be a major improvement for all of us - and not very difficult to implement for You guys I guess...

Thanks for listening

MikDev

Edited by MikDev
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MikDev said:

Hi Enpass Guys

Enpass is a great Product and having our DataVault local is the number one selling point for us and our 500 clients ;-)

...that said, the number one feature request we get is to be able to use the Enpass Menu/File/Export feature on just one Item/Record instead of only the whole Vault containing ALL passwords.

So many times you've got to be able to export one single or just 2-3 items for someone & this would be a major improvement for all of us - and not very difficult to implement for You guys I guess...

Thanks for listening

MikDev

If you refer to sharing a simple record between you and another enpass-user, you do that by sharing the item with a preshared key, which the receiver can import through a file or the clipboard. Or did I misunderstand? 

• 2 weeks later...

@MikDev @Nightangelg @Abhishek Dewan

Separate from Enpass' sharing feature, it is possible to export a few entries as a JSON or CSV file.

Create a new blank 'exporting' vault, copy only the entries you need to that vault, then export it, as .JSON, or .csv. Once you've created the vault, simply modify as required, to export different entries in the future.

Obviously, the exported vault will be unencrypted.

• Like 1