Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill las become very erratic on Mac & all browsers

I've been an EnPass (paid) use for years and it usually works well. However, in the last few weeks the browser extension functionality has become increasingly unstable on my Mac (Mac Mini M1, running latest OS 13.2.1) running latest versions of Chrome, Brave and Safari. It will start off working fine - but after a short while (often just 10 minutes or so) the extension shortcut in all browsers becomes unresponsive - if I click it, it says it's looking for Enpass - which is already open. This happens in all browsers. The only way to remedy the situation is to quit Enpass and open it again. But then the same thing happens 10 minutes later. It's becoming very frustrating. Please fix. Thank you.

Hi @simfin

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the below steps -

1. Ensure that the Enpass application is running in the background when using the browser extension. In addition, the “ Enable Extensions ” under the Browser settings of your Enpass application should also be enabled.
  2. I would also suggest checking that you have the latest version of browser installed , re-configuring the extension, and reinstalling it from here.
  3. Try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser.
  4. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Antivirus/Firewall/VPN settings. Also try disabling them to see if the issue persist.
  5. Otherwise, create a manual backup of your data and then reinstall the app.

If the issue persists, please share the below details with me and I'll have this further investigated for you -

1. The exact version of the Enpass app, Enpass Extension and browser you are using.
  2. Is the Enpass app also becoming unresponsive or just the Extension?
  3. Any VPN/Firewall/Anntivirus service you are using.
  4. Is this issue occurring after you have left the system idle, after waking system from sleep or is it completely random?