Enpass Discussion Forum

Syncing Issue

Hello,

I'm running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (App version: 6.8.5 (1239)) and iOS 16.4 (App version: 6.8.6 (684)).

When I attempt to update any login credentials on either Windows or iPhone, and run a sync between devices, my credentials get reverted back to the previous settings.

I have tried iCloud, OneDrive, and Wi-Fi Sync with the same results. The only way I get it to work is to:

• make a local backup
  • completely remove all data, settings, and cloud backups from Windows and iPhone apps
  • reactivate my account
  • restore from backup
  • update the credentials
  • setup any type of sync (iCloud, OneDrive, Wi-Fi Sync)
  • activate app on my other device
  • sync the accounts again

Even after doing all that, when I attempt to edit a credential, I have to start all over again. I have tried closing the app on either device, updating the credential, sync it and back it up on the cloud, open both apps and sync, but to no avail.

I don't understand why this is happening. Could someone give me some advice, please?

Hi @Kryptonight83

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup of your Enpass data then follow the below steps. Let me know if they help –

1.     Remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from cloud account'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices.

2.     Could you please check and confirm that the time setting is set to automatic on all the devices and there is no time difference? If they are not, kindly set it to automatic.

3.     Try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser or use a different browser to set up synchronization.

4.     Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Firewall/Antivirus Settings. Moreover, if you are using any VPN service, try disabling it to check if the issue persists.

Hi, thank you for quick reply!

I did as you instructed. I even used Google Drive as a different syncing method to see what would happen, but I got the same results. As soon as it syncs, my updated credentials are reverted. 

Both my phone and PC have the time set automatically. I also verified both of them have the same time. 

I cleared out the cache and cookies from my browser. Although, my browser hasn’t been an issue because I’m using the apps to sync. 

I checked my firewall and I have allowed both public and private connections to go through. 

Let me know if there’s anything else I can try. 

Hi @Abhishek Dewan,

I wanted to update that after testing things out extensively, I noticed that my sync issues occur whenever I manually press the sync button on either device. But if I wait for the app (Windows/iPhone) to auto sync or close and reopen the app for it to sync, it works perfectly. 

I’m now able to fully sync my vault as intended without any issues as long as I don’t manually process a sync. 

I think we can call this case solved, but I hope this can be checked out to see if this can be replicated on your end. 

Either way, I appreciate the support!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 7:06 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Kryptonight83

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup of your Enpass data then follow the below steps. Let me know if they help –

1.     Remove the synchronization from all the connected devices. While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from cloud account'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices..

So I cannot Disconnect from Dropbox.

Ipad on 15.7. Click on Disconnect - no response.

Click on “Clear Data from Cloud”. It’s been spinning for an hour.  Nothing.

Same on iPhone 14 with iOS 15.7.1. But I have already deleted Enpass app from phone.

C6CCE047-0779-4E99-A73D-D4C34E547659.jpeg

Hi @Ronan

On the devices on which you are facing this concern, please try the below steps -

1. Take a backup of the Enpass Data on your device from Enpass Settings → Vaults → Select the Vault → Backup.

2. Uninstall the Enpass app from Enpass Settings → Advanced → Erase everything.

3. Reinstall the app and restore using the backup file.

4. Sync the Vault with the Dropbox Account.

Ok I am back up running again.  Syncing with another Cloud now.

Additional question :

When I take a manual Backup, the file is stored on my device.

Is that file encrypted ?

if someone had my phone open, and navigated to that file, they could send it to themselves.

Would they be able to open it ?

Should  I find a way to  password protect that file, say, stored on my phone ?  Thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...