Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Glitches

vivek

Hi,

I noticed there are a few very annoying glitches that Enpass frequently has:

1) Failure to resize correctly after connection to larger monitor from laptop (see image). This essentially results in the window being stuck on the screen with no option to exit the program or get rid of the blue box. Instead, Task Manager has to be used to kill Enpass. 

2) Windows Hello does not show up sometimes for login (see image). I don't understand why the app sometimes shows a Windows Hello fingerprint dialog, and then reverts to the password screen. This could be very dangerous if the user had indeed forgotten their password. 

3) Showing the Enpass "unlock" dialog unecessarily (i.e. in the Protonmail email client, when I try to fill in the email subject line "unlock Enpass" or a bunch of logins in a dropdown is presented to me). This is only supposed to show on login, not in the Compose box. 

4) Showing Enpass credit card autofill for random text boxes (i.e. it once showed fill CC on a survey site). This is a severe security flaw which should be remedied by requiring the user's input before offering the selections.

5) There should be a way to hide the "unlock Enpass" dialog somehow. 

6) The save new password dialog should show the email and password fields immediately. Sometimes, I am forced to hit "show more" to edit these field when Enpass makes a filling mistake. 

Will it be possible to fix these issues?

Screenshot 2023-04-29 152312.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-29 152058.jpg

SECURED Screenshot 2023-04-29 153152.jpg

Hi @vivek

To assist you better with your queries, please share the version of the Enpass app, OS, Enpass Extension and browser you are using. As for the concerns you have shared -

1) "Failure to resize correctly after connection to larger monitor from laptop (see image)" -

Our team is aware of this issue and a patch addressing this concern will be released in future Enpass versions.

2) "Windows Hello does not show up sometimes for login (see image) " -

Enpass app may occasionally prompt you to enter your master password (for example, after unsuccessful PIN attempts). So, it is important to create a strong but memorable password that you do not store anywhere that it could be discovered. For security purposes, it is not possible to recover your Master Password.

3)/4) "Showing the Enpass "unlock" dialog unecessarily/Showing Enpass credit card autofill for random text boxes" -

Kindly share the the URL of the webpages on which you are facing this concern and I'll get it checked for you.

5) "There should be a way to hide the "unlock Enpass" dialog somehow" -

At the moment, it is not possible to hide the 'Unlock' button/dialog box as it is used to access the app.

6) "The save new password dialog should show the email and password fields immediately" -

For troubleshooting purposes, I would recommend checking our handy guide and ensuring that you are not missing any crucial steps while saving new Items. If the issue persists, please share the URL of the webpages on which you are facing this concern and a short video showing the issue (You can share the video with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum).

Hi, for (2) this is not after unsuccessful attempt. I successfully unlocked it with fingerprint, and it reverts to a password-only screen. This is a glitch that shows up occasionally.

And in (3) the website is proton.me, and various other sites I cannot remember. 

In response to (5) you could make it a little smaller at least. Or add a "hide for this page" or "hide permanently" option.

Also, it would be nice if passwords can be saved even if you are not logged into Enpass. If you look at Nordpass for example, you can still generate a save dialog when the password manager is locked - you would just click "save password and unlock vault" to continue to save the password so you don't lose it accidentally. With Enpass, there is no such functionality. 

Edited by vivek

Hi @vivek

To investigate this concern thoroughly, please share the version of the Enpass app, OS, Enpass Extension and browser you are using.

Regarding (2), Whether the full-time Windows Hello will work on any device totally depends on the Windows/Device itself. To determine the compatibility of the device to support full-time Windows Hello (feature is only available with Enpass Store version), Enpass relies on this API provided by the Microsoft. It is the only way to distinguish whether the security keys are generated by a legit Hardware TPM. I would suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Remove Windows Hello Fingerprint and PIN from W11 Settings -> User Accounts -> Logon Options.

2. Setup Windows Hello PIN and Fingerprint again.

3. Now From the Enpass security settings disable and re-enable Windows Hello and reopen the app.

However, Enpass prompting to enter master password occasionally is expected behavior.

As for (3), could you please mention where exactly is the Enpass dialog popping up for you and share that URL with me? Also, a screenshot as a reference would be very helpful in investigating this concern.

"Also, it would be nice if passwords can be saved even if you are not logged into Enpass" -

As Enpass is an offline password manager, all your data is stored locally on your device. In order to autofill/save new Items on the Desktop version, the Enpass app needs to maintain a connection with the Enpass Extension. Hence, it is required for the main app to be running in the background to autofill/save new items. To learn more about autofill using Extension, please refer to this link.

• 5 weeks later...

About issue 1... I found that dragging the Enpass window back and forth between the screens (with different dpi settings/Windows scaling) will fix the display of the Enpass window. I used to be able to get Enpass to crash if I tried to use it while being displayed with the wrong scale.