Enpass Discussion Forum

Restoring Enpass database backed up under iOS to Mac OS installed Enpass?

Krabat

I run Enpass on both my iPhone and my MacBook Air, databases are synchronized thru iCloud. Now, after not using the Macbook installed Engpass for quite a long time I seem to have forgotten the master password and can't log into the Mac OS database, yet  I can still use Engpass on the iPhone using Touch ID for unlocking and have just backed up that database to iCloud.
Is It possible to restore the database from the backup to the Mac OS installed Engpass?

I imagine that first I have to delete the Engpass installation, then create a clean new installation and create a new master password.
Then I want to restore from the backup and like to use Touch ID to unlock the backup rather than type the (forgotten) master password ...

will that work?  Or is there any other way that would save me from manually filling in the data?

Thank you for your feedback

Hi @Krabat

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

In this case, as you have mentioned that you can access your Enpass on mobile via Face Id/Biometrics, we can help you here with the following steps below -

1. Open Enpass on your mobile/device using Biometrics.
  2. Go to Settings-->Create a new vault of Enpass on your handset with a new password.
  3. Copy all the items individually from the other vaults and move them into the newly created vault.
  4. Sync this new vault with a new cloud account.
  5. Now reinstall Enpass on any other device and restore the data using the new cloud account.
  6. Once all your data is restored on the other device, repeat step-5 on all your other devices.

Thank you, Abhishek Dewan,

that's great and sounds reasonably straightforward. I will just have to create a new Apple ID and secondary iCloud account and will tend to it on the weekend.
Will get back to you afterwards. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...