Enpass Discussion Forum

Question about Enpass Portable

paulsiu

I am traveling to some relative and would like to setup Enpass portable for travel. I am a bit confused over the product so I hope someone can answer my questions.

1. I notice that there are multiple version of the enpass portable: Mac, Windows, and Lnux. Is the way to do all 3 be creating a fat32 usb drive and then install all 3 version on the USB?
  2. What is the recommendation for the data files, should I sync with the cloud version or should I just export to a separate vault? One reason for the export, I have notice that the version on the portable is older. I am using enpas 6.8, the version portable is 6.6. I am worry about corruption while syncing.
  3. How would the product work on a Chromebook. Do I need to enable Linux and run the Linux version?

Hi @paulsiu

I will gladly assist you with all your queries -

"I notice that there are multiple version of the Enpass portable: Mac, Windows, and Linux..." -

Depending on the OS you are using (Windows/Linux/Mac), please download the relevant version. Once done, kindly follow the instructions provided in the manual installation folder.

"What is the recommendation for the data files, should I sync with the cloud version or should I just export to a separate vault?" -

You can synchronize your Enpass data normally like you do in the Desktop version of the app via any cloud service of your choice.

"How would the product work on a Chromebook" -

Enpass portable is currently available for Windows, Linux and Mac only. For Chromebook, you can simply download the Enpass app from the Google PlayStore.

Thanks, I was wondering if I would be able to just create a portable version that has the 3 executable on the same drive assuming I used a format compatible with all 3 like fat32.

As for Chromebook, the idea is to avoid installing anything. I supposed I can employ using the linux layer or use the android app.