Enpass Discussion Forum

Freezing when vaults connected using Folder option

Sigan

I am using v6.8.7 (710) on iOs 16.4.1

I have vaults spread out on 2 different servers which are accessible at different times. On my Windows Desktop version, there is no issue and it updates the vaults it can find and those not available it states Sync Error. Thsi works fine.

On the iOS version it seems to not have time-out for sync error and just keeps trying and trying and regularly freezes my phone in the process. It also then asks me to reenter my master password etc. Closing the app at this point doesn't really help (assuming it hasn't totally frozen) and I need to restart my iPhone instead.

Hi @Sigan

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps -

1. Disconnect the folder sync option and enable it again on your iOS device.
  2. Try restarting your device and the Enpass app.
  3. After creating a manual backup of your Enpass data, reinstall the app.

If the issue persists, kindly share a screenshot of any error occurring and a short video showing the issue would also be helpful. You can share the video with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.

I have regularly done 1, 2 and 3 but no changes.

What one sees when one goes into settings then vaults is that it is trying to connect to connect to the folders ie one sees the star rotating against all the folders which are trying to sync. 

After about 20 seconds , it goes to the lock screen but one only sees blue at the top and white at the bottom and then if you tap the screen I need to re-enter the master password.

As I said it seems that when there are multiple different folders on DIFFERENT servers, it gets stuck on trying to resolve them in turn and instead of timing out gracefully after a few seconds of not finding the server, it continuously tries and doesn't go further. On the Windows version it just says not found and moves on.  

But then if I try to enter the master password it hangs ad sometimes I can swipe the enpass closed , other times not, but if I reopen it, it is still in a hung state. I need to reboot my machine (often force reboot). 

Hi I have 17 vaults, 3 synchronising with one server and the other 14 onto another server. Both servers are ONLY available via WiFi and are not available at the same time.

985 items in total.

Yes all were synchronized by folder option sync. Except due to the problems I have to disable sync.

Hi @Sigan

We are looking into the reported concern for you but require some additional information. Could you please confirm if you can access the files app and do you have read and write access to that server? If the files app hangs or doesn't have access to the server, then it is expected because we fetch the data from the files app only, and the files app not responding can cause this issue. If this is the case, then we recommend quitting the app a couple of times to resolve this concern.

When I am not connected to the relevant network, the files app shows loading and after a while it gives up and says content unavailable but appears to not consume so much processing power to hang the phone. It does take a long time however to "give up". Maybe as you are querying 10 times at once ie for every vault so then it is using too much CPU power  OR are you in a loop when you don't get a response and keep trying?

Also I had to delete enpass and install it from a backup as it was impossible for me to unlink the vaults as the system hung and I had to force restart the phone as I couldn't even restart it manually. Now I can use enpass without it hanging as teh vaults are no longer linked for sync

Hi @Sigan

As the files app is loading, that is why Enpass is unable to fetch the details. In this case, you can try reconnecting to the server from the files app and then try quitting Enpass which would give you the error because the server is not reachable.

You can also try disconnecting the network/wifi from your iPhone and try restarting Enpass.

As I said, I have now stopped Sync and I can at least use my phone and Enpass together. Disconnecting wifi etc defeats the object as I need the connection to connect to the website etc and Enpass might retry to sync again at a later stage.

Have you been able to replicate this error? 

Main differnece is that the Files app DOES NOT hang the phone whilst trying to connect to a disconnected Server. Enpass DOES hang the phone. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Sigan

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused in this situation. Please be assured that our team is actively investigating this concern. We are committed to resolving this issue and will provide you with updates as soon as they become available. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding until we can provide further information on this matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has this been resolved in 6.9.2 as to test it out I need to waste many hours in setting up all the vaults, testing it and if it fails, I need to delete Enpass completely and reinstall over again.

I've done this enough times so I am not at all happy about the fact there is NO response from you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...