Enpass Discussion Forum

Opera v39.0.2256.30 with Enpass Beta v5.2.4 for Mac

rmhale

Thanks for the new beta, I have found that if I turn off the following (see attached) then the Enpass extension in Opera will work just fine...

By turning off 'verify browsers' the extension now works fine and is am so happy to have this function working again, is the safe to run Enpass in this way?

Thank you in advance...

enpass error j.jpg

Edited by rmhale

Hi @rmhale,

Enpass browser extension support only stable version of Opera browser. Please make sure you are not running beta version of Opera.

On 15 July 2016 at 7:31 PM, rmhale said:

By turning off 'verify browsers' the extension now works fine and is am so happy to have this function working again, is the safe to run Enpass in this way?

We don’t recommended to use Enpass by disabling the code signature verification. As mentioned here under communication section, Enpass App validates authenticity of both extension and Browser before making any connection and serving data for autofilling. So if you turn off the code signature verification, you bypass the Browser checking and set your foot into autofilling in Opera Browser. Though it is not a safe practice. To avoid any security risks associated, please make sure that you download the browser from the legitimate source and double check the authenticity of any extension you install.

Greetings 

Anshu, Thank you so much for your answer and I have one further question, how can i export all of my settings, bookmarks and extensions out of Opera Beta and into Opera (stable)...  Is there a utility for this or something, I don't want to have to go through and hook up all these extensions again just to get this accomplished.

Is there an easier way?

Thank you,

RM Hale

• 3 months later...

On the latest Opera beta (42.0.2393.14) I get mostly connection errors to enpass portable but Once I happened to catch a 403 and enpass said it couldnt verify the signature.

On the signature Error I got this:

Application

• Name : Enpass Password Manager
  • Version : 5.3.0

Browser

• Certificate IssuedBy : DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2)
  • Certificate IssuedTo : Opera Software AS
  • Connecting Path : <--I wont tell this-->\opera-beta\42.0.2393.14\opera.exe
  • Error : Unknown error
  • LocalAddress : 127.0.0.1
  • LocalPort : 10391
  • Origin : chrome-extension://pkfjbeiganidndngfledcekodnkgkjfh
  • PeerAddress : 127.0.0.1
  • PeerPort : 56578

Operating System

• Name : Windows 2008.1

Proxy

• Type : NoProxy

On 18.7.2016 at 7:44 AM, Anshu kumar said:

Enpass browser extension support only stable version of Opera browser

may I ask why, I mean direct support is one thing but the signature check should work, or maybe at least display that opera doesnt do beta with enpass. also I think I have used enpass with opera dev in the past

why not just check the signature and be happy in general, although a self-set trust would be epic.

but one thing I would really appreciate would be showing it in a better way. i just got the signature error once by random, all the other times it just shows a connection error with no further details as if enpass wouldnt even have been launched.